Chapter 1: In Exchange for Life

It hurts... It hurts so much... Please...somebody...anybody... Save us. Save them... Please! Please, God, help them...!... I don't want them to die!

So many thoughts ran through the young girl's head as she lay in the pool of her blood in that horrible basement of that mansion. She couldn't move. She could barely speak and she had no way of knowing if her family was still alive as she lay on the floor, staring blankly at the ceiling as one of her tormentors stood above her with a wide smirk. After so many years, she could still remember the pain her body was under. The screams were let out. The rusty scent of blood...and her family... The monsters had broken into what should've been a safe place.

It was hard to forget awful tragedies like this, especially when you don't understand why they happened. Even now she wonders why. Was it for kicks? For something to pass the time? From what she had been told, later on, it played out as a sick, twisted game, and it was planned as a form of vengeance. The attackers had simply used her and her sisters as pawns and playthings to get what they wanted. However, everyone has a motive for something.

Still...while the darkness was evident within her heart, the light continues to shine. She can still recall happier times. She can still remember the warm, loving home she lived in with her parents and sisters. She recalls how happy they were. How much she loved playing with her little sisters. How much their parents loved them. She can remember how much her parents took every precaution to make sure they were safe. Her parents were kind and honest people. But they were very protective and firm in whatever the girls would do.

They lived in a middle-class residence and were very well off in life. This was why whenever they leave for work, they would call in now and then to make sure everything was alright. Her parents worked hard to support them and made sure they had everything they might need. The young girl wasn't sure what kind of job they had at first because they would often come home late at night or a month or two later.

With her being the eldest, Juri was always put in charge of looking after her younger sisters. But she didn't mind it so much. Juri loved taking care of them and she would always try her hardest to be a good role model for them. While they were happy, the sisters did use to talk amongst themselves about what kind of job their parents had. When they were home, they would appear to be on edge most of the time and they act like something was watching them. Yet none of them had asked them outright. Except for Juri.

One day, during lunch, Juri had asked her parents out of curiosity, but when she did they quickly switched their demeanour and changed the subject, distracting her from the question entirely. Still, considering that they work so hard for them all the time, Juri and her sisters took it all in stride. Deciding to just forget it and live out their day. Following every rule their parents would make without question.

Never stay out till dark.

Never go out at night without them or their friends.

Never let strangers into the house.

Always keep your sacred, blessed cross necklaces with you at all times, even when you sleep.

Just to name a few.

Juri and her family spent their days in blissful happiness. It was all they could ever want. Their family wasn't perfect, and they have had their fair share of arguments. But they were still a close-knit family. They were happy. They were together. They were the best of friends. They had love. They didn't have a care in the world. The family lived with the belief that tomorrow would bring a brighter future. They were always hopeful for tomorrow.

But the six sisters were so naive. They were so childish to believe in such a thing. Because that kind of tomorrow would never come. Their happy dream had turned into a hellish nightmare in one single night.