Chapter 6: Going to Night School

"Are we doing this? Are we seriously protecting these guys?" Madoka asked. Feeling more unsure about the true nature of their mission. No matter what, their Master was always upfront and sincere with them. So why was he being so secretive? Why not tell them the full reason why they're protecting unknown Vampires?

"We've already given our word. So what other alternative is there?" Hitomi said.

"Ugh. Yeah, yeah. We might as well endure while we're here." Eri said with a light groan.

"And I don't think we're allowed to fight them either." Enju pointed out.

"Then that means we're both in a cold war. We're not allowed to kill them and they're strictly forbidden to kill us. I know this isn't anything we're expecting, but let's proceed with our mission. For Yui's and our Master's sake." Juri tells them. The rest of the sisters glanced at one another and all nodded in agreement.

The aqua blue-eyed woman smiled at her sisters as she pulled out her pocket watch. "I think it's time for all of us to return to our rooms and get some sleep. Our new school will be arriving soon, and I expect you to NOT sleep in class again, Eri. If I hear that you've been sleeping in class at any given point, I will scream." Juri said as she turned to give her young sister a dark look. Eri paled and backed away to hide behind Enju. "Okay, okay! I promise I won't fall asleep!" She fearfully cried out. She gave her sisters a pout when they began laughing at her.

"Good. Now then, it's off to bed." Juri said as she led her sisters back into the mansion. Juri walked them to their rooms and waited till each of them was safely tucked in their beds. Afterwards, Juri went to check on Yui. She opened the door and sighed in relief to see she was left undisturbed and it didn't look like she was bitten either. Juri walked into the room and tucked the young girl in. Covering her with the blanket and making sure she was comfortable. Juri gave her a gentle pat on the head as she wished for her to have pleasant dreams.

Eventually, Juri went back to her room and resumed time. Juri went to her suitcase, pulled out her icy blue-coloured nightgown, and went to the bathroom, which was connected to her bedroom, to change. 'After tonight, it will be the start of our new life here. Who knows what's going to happen now that we're living here? But regardless of its conditions, this is still our mission. If we're going to live here, then we have to learn to adapt. Adaptability is an advantage in any condition.' Juri thought to herself as she stood in front of the bathroom mirror, adjusted her hair to fall into a braided ponytail and tied it with her ribbon. Juri left the bathroom and quietly walked over to her bed. She reached up to touch her rosary. A faint golden glow emitted from the gemstone at her touch and it faded away as soon as it appeared.

She unpinned it and placed it inside the top drawer of her dresser. With that done, Juri slipped into the sheets and lay down. Juri had never thought once about being a bride. She was always been so concerned with her sisters. She had to take care of them. They were her top priority. Even though there was a chance she'd get out of this without ending up in marriage, the very thought was daunting. She wasn't sure if she even wanted to marry. It just seemed too much. Juri closed her eyes and shook her head. No, stop it. Stop thinking such foolish things. This was just a job. All of this is nothing but business. Nothing more, nothing less. 'Ugh...I should quit thinking so much. I need some sleep. Hopefully, things will be easier tomorrow.' Juri thought before she fell into a deep sleep.

While the girls were all fast asleep in their respective rooms, the Vampiric brothers were in the living room. It was almost humiliating that they had agreed to a stupid deal made by those weak human girls, but what they still didn't understand was why they were forbidden to kill any of them. And of course, it was a giant pain in the ass because getting any clear answer out of Shu was like pulling out a tooth.