Chapter 5: A Mission To Protect

"Alright then, I'll start things off. I'll choose...." Juri trailed off as she glanced at each of the Vampiric brothers. Now obviously, they'll have to be very careful in picking one of them. Whoever it'll be, they'll be stuck with them until they receive word from their Master, and who knows what each of them thinks. They'll have to tread carefully if they want to keep Yui safe. Juri's aqua-blue eyes then fell on the oldest of the brothers, who remained uninterested and distant with everything since they arrived. Hmm... She turned to face the blonde-haired Vampire and pointed to him. "You."

Shu lazily opened his eyes and glanced at her, letting out a tired groan. He reached up to hold his head and Juri picked up that he was annoyed that he was picked by her. "Aahー? ...Me? What a pain..." He said in a monotone voice. Juri tilted her head and took in Shu's entire being, crossing her arms. This person seems to lack motivation. But compared to the other guys...I feel like he's a little saner. Although it could be a façade...it's possible that he's the strongest amongst his brothers and possesses a great deal of magic since he was the oldest. Or at least one that only he has. Still, if he intends to sleep away his days, Juri could slip in and shoot his heart and bash in his skull without any issues.

"Why that guy!? You have bad tastes, Melons." Ayato shouted at Juri. He was almost in disbelief that she would pick someone like Shu.

Laito held in a laugh but still spread a playful smirk. "Exactly. This person, you see, just lacks energy most of the time, but he's pretty intense." Juri kept herself quiet, but she internally thanked the two for that bit of information. Shu lacks any form of energy most of the time and with how Ayato reacted, he must not take any responsibility for anything other than sleeping. Somewhat trivial, but still valid information to keep in mind. "Hah... Shut up." Shu sighed. He raised his head and spread a small smirk. "Oh well, I do welcome a feast that'll just come rolling into my arms without any effort at least. If you want to get sucked by me... You better bare your neck yourself." He told her.

'I am curious to know just how lazy he is, but this might work out well for me. So long as I remained vigilant, Shu just might be easy to kill once the opportunity arises.' Juri thought to herself.

"Oi, you guys, listen carefully. When it comes to trying to get a taste of her... Be my guest, I guess." Shu said, giving half-assed permission to allow his other brothers to get a taste of her blood, making Juri glare daggers at him. Apathetic and lazy...oh joy. Juri turned away from him with 'hmph' and went back to her sisters. "Hitomi, it's your choice next." She informed her. Hitomi nodded and stepped forward. She glanced at each of the brothers and quickly made her decision. "It's going to be you." Hitomi said as she made eye contact with Reiji.

The pale magenta-eyed man raised a brow at her, but he must've found her decision amusing as he shot her a mocking smile. "Hooh? ...So you've chosen me? Which means you must be quite an admirable individual. You must be very much looking forward to being disciplined by me." He told her. Hitomi held her tongue and held her hands behind her back. A blacking-purple mist swirled around her hand, but she suppressed it. Taking in a deep breath to relax.

Though he might have a polite, sophisticated way of speaking, Reiji's words have a biting edge to them. He also appears to have an air of arrogance around him. Plus, he seems to be more in tune with maintaining the household since he was the one who ordered their luggage to be taken care of and was the first to ask why they were there. 'He's this house's source of intelligence. That might prove a little difficult in killing him.' Hitomi thought. She'll have to get him when he has his guard down, try out that new paralysing drug and spear him through the heart before taking off his head.

"Make sure not to kill her, okay? I don't care either way though." Shu tiredly reminded him, seemingly dozing in and out of sleep. Not bothering to even look up at him and say it to his face. Reiji gazed over at his older brother and his eyes were filled with hatred. Hitomi looked at Reiji's hands and saw they were lightly trembling before tightening. He looked like he wanted to punch Shu but was holding himself back. 'Guess these two don't get along. There's a hostile atmosphere between them...' Hitomi thought. She glanced back at Eri and, much to her dismay, groaned as she stepped up with Hitomi going back.