Chapter 2: The Unknown Mission

Sometime later, Juri woke up and she found herself sleeping in a large, comfy bed with her sisters standing by her side. They cried for her and were relieved that she was okay. When she saw that they were alive and well, Jori practically sprang up from the bed and brought as many as her arms could reach into a warm hug. Thanking God that they were alive and well. When asked what happened, Hitomi told that she had been asleep for three days and the man who came to rescue them had brought them to his manor, nursing them back to health. He told them that from now on, they were going to live with him and his family and that he was going to be their caretaker.

Juri was, at first, confused and anxious about living here with some strange man. Even if he'd save them. But taking that thought in and the fact that he sounded so sad when he found them, Juri decided to trust him. At least for now. She didn't know if he was going to be better or just as worse as their captors were. Juri didn't want to take any more risks that might endanger her sisters. Then she discovered that her mother's necklace was around her neck. When did... Had that man given it back to her? As Juri held up her mother's necklace, she nearly jumped when a knock came through the door.

The six sisters turned around and saw the very man who had rescued them, walk into the room. He looked so relieved to see that Juri had awakened. Oh, thank goodness, he was starting to get worried. He walked over to the girls and proceeded to explain to Juri what was going to happen from now on, as well as what became of her parents and Mami. He tells her that he was once close friends with their parents as they worked in the same field. The man expressed his deep guilt and apologies to her and her sisters for not arriving in time to save them or Mami. He tells the girls that he had them all properly buried that he would honour them by raising their children and that he would always keep them safe.

From that day, the sisters lived with him and got to know him and his children. They even became friends with them and the staff members. The man eventually introduced himself to them as the Master of the Kuroyuki mansion. He took care of all the girls' needs. Giving them a home. Food to eat. Clothes to wear. Provided them with a good education. Everything they needed to be happy. It had taken a while, but the girls came to love and respect him. He was an honest and genuine man.

The girls were happy to live with him but of course, after four months, Juri knew that it was time to uphold her end of the bargain with their new guardian but she didn't care. The man had saved her and her sisters' lives and gave them a place to call home again. She owed him everything. After dinner one night, Juri went into his office when he called for her without any idea of what the exchange was for saving their lives. Whatever he wanted, Juri was already prepared for it. She meant what she said. She would gladly do anything to repay him for his kindness.

Juri held no expectations for this, but she could never have anticipated him to tell her the truth about her parents and why those strangers came that night. She was shocked. All this time Juri thought they were just normal people...but she can understand why they would keep it a secret from their children. In reality, her parents and Mami were Vampire Hunters. They had been hunters for a long time and he was their trusted ally and friend. Her parents were considered to be one of the best among the hunters, but with the title came a lot of threats. And eventually, they were met.

He had told her that he intended to simply take the girls in and raise them normally, but after recalling how her parents were killed, he felt it might be best to train Juri as a hunter. And this time, he would make sure that she will survive and fight back against the demons that lurked within the night. He never wanted her to live in fear ever again.

Juri took in on what he had informed her. It was so much to process, but it made a lot of sense when she looked back on it. With an intake of breath, Juri looked her Master in the eyes and, without hesitation, she agreed. Juri was willing to become a hunter if it meant she can protect her sisters and destroy the monsters that had hurt them in the first place.