Chapter 6: Abomination

3rd POV

Andrew was a 100% sure that he lost his mind. All of his sanity and intelligence flew right out the window. Andrew was genius, he knows that. But right now in his situation, he has made the most stupidest, dumbass thing he has ever done in his life. He seriously wish he can just jump into a time machine car like Back In The Future and punch his past self in the face for stupidly suggesting to help Scott McCall, Derek Hale enemy right now. Derek Hale who is his Alpha. The one that offer the bite to him. The one that gave him and his little sister a place to stay after they left their own. The one that helped his life. Andrew is screwed.

After making sure Scott was alright, Andrew jogged out of the ice rink, expecting the usual scowl and glare from Derek. He didn't. In fact, nobody was in the parking lot. The black Camaro was gone. Isaac, gone. Derek, gone. Boyd, gone. The only person here was Erica Reyes herself, leaning on her red car with her arms across her chest and looking at Andrew with narrow eyes. Cursing at himself, Andrew ran a hand through his hair before slowly making his way towards the she-wolf.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally showed up," Erica drawled out, looking at both her nails and Andrew bored.

"Erica, please, not right now," Andrew told her before jumping inside her car.

Erica rolled her eyes at him, getting inside the car as well.

"Why? Because you know you majorly fucked up back there? Talking back to Derek? Going against him?"

"Erica," Andrew warned her but she ignored him.

"Holding back when you were fighting Scott? I know you well Andrew and I've seen you fight before. Scott would've been crawling on that ice rink if you gave it all to him."

"Erica," Andrew tried again, his voice getting louder but she once again ignored him.

"Derek is pissed off at you. He didn't even bother to wait for you, leaving with Boyd and Isaac. Your the smartest person I have ever know but it looks like you are loosing your head and brains for this."

"Erica!" Andrew shouted at her.

She looked at him in a mixture of annoyance and anger. She was making him angry, they both knew that.

"I messed up," he told her in a strain tone. "I don't need someone to remind me about my mistake. But I don't regret what I did. Derek was killing Scott and if I haven't stepped up, nobody would've know what would've happen to Scott! I did what I had to do."

Erica opened her mouth to argue with him but Andrew beat her to it, continuing.

"Don't you remember what he said back there? He said he doesn't care about us! He just cares about the power! Do you know that the more he turns people, the bigger the pack, the stronger not only we get but also him?! I'm starting to question what's the main reason why he wants to start a pack."

"Maybe he needed more help with the hunters," Erica defended Derek.

"Or maybe he wants the power."

"Derek is our Alpha, Andrew," Erica told him, looking directly at his face with wide eyes. "That means he's our leader. What he says, we do. He orders, we follow. That's what we suppose to do."

Andrew clenched his jaw, shaking his head.

"No we don't. Derek maybe the Alpha that gave me the bite but that doesn't mean I have to do what he says."

"Andrew, please. Don't do anything stupid. Don't be the hero. Please," Erica pleaded at him.

Andrew didn't look at her but he did hear his old best friend in her voice. The one that reads comic books with him when they were seven or when she treated his black eye when he got in a fight at school. He didn't respond back, looking out the car window and glaring hard at the moon in the night sky. He heard Erica sigh before turning the car on, driving away from the ice rink.