e i g h t

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 | 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥

"𝕯𝕺 not be discouraged class, this is a rather difficult spell to learn. But I have no doubt that every single one of you will get it with time!" Professor Flitwick, ever the encouraging and kind professor that he is cheered his struggling class on.

Jupiter looked to her left and right with a frown — it seemed that no one had been able to perform the charm as of yet. She shrugged and cleared her throat.

"Incendio epitendium!"

Jupiter called out the charm clearly — her voice strong. It was a form of the incendio charm, except this version was made to cause the fire to jut out in a stream and go as the spell-caster forced it.

Like that, a fire was expelled from the tip of her wand and appeared as a string that she easily whipped around. Students immediately drew their attention to her and gasps of excitement were heard as they watched the fire show. Professor Flitwick quickly began clapping rapidly, a large smile on his happy face.

Jupiter was amused at the amount of praise she was receiving. This was a charm she learned in her first year, simply because it was incredibly powerful and beneficial as an Agent. Therefore, this charm along with any other advantageous spells were taught at an early age so the students could perfect it and it would be easy to perform in combat.

Circling her wand, she allowed the fire to whip in a small tornado before flicking it out of existence. The claps were loud.

"Bravo Ms. Williams — truly a good job! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Flitwick called just as the bell rang signaling the end of class.

Many students quickly packed their bags, barely listening as Flitwick rambled the last bit of information he needed to get across.

"Alright, students — the two-page essay is still due on Monday! Make sure to practice the charm in your head and I have no doubt you will all successfully conjure by the end of our next class period!" He called cheerfully standing atop his desk.

Jupiter smiled and nodded at the short Professor as she waltzed by. With a proud look in return, Jupiter was out of the door and shoving her way through a hoard of students: all the faces slowly becoming familiar.

Hogwarts had a small enough population that soon Jupiter suspected she would know nearly every face in the school.

Over the past week, Jupiter had come to terms with a few things involving her classes. She recognized that she had a natural knack for Transfiguration and she was good at Charms, but she excelled at DADA and that was also proving to be her favorite class.

She hated Potions as she was just barely skimming by with that class. One would think that Potions is simple because you have a literal guide to follow... wrong.