Wishes and Dreams (10/15/21)

Mt. Ebott.
Mt. Ebott...

I keep thinking, "Is it actually real?", I feel like this book is giving me a sense of hope. I'm not used to the sense of hope, so it kinda feels like I'm queasy. To ease myself, I put the book down and grab something to eat. There's not really much, but I decide to reheat a frozen pizza that is pre-made. It's BBQ Chicken flavored, hopefully that tastes good.
While I wait for it to reheat, I couldn't help but go back to the book. I flip through all the pages again, and I end up on the blank pages again. I wondered to myself, "Does it follow a person, then fills the pages with the story?" Nah, that's too silly. Although, I would like to test this, and I know someone else would also enjoy this thought. I'll tell Ms. Pots during lunch tomorrow. For now, I must figure out where Mt. Ebott is. Perhaps I could ask Nightmare for help.

After eating my pizza, which was delicious, I once again look back at the book. Ever since Ms. Pots told me that she wants to see Mt. Ebott, I can't help, but try to fulfill that wish.
I see a human with a sweater falling into a mountain. But what keeps me glued, is that I have that exact sweater, yet I've never fallen down a mountain.

The next day comes around. I double check that the torn book was in my backpack, but before I lock the door to the house, someone payed me a visit.
"Ready for school, kiddo?"
"You seem awfully prepared. What's up?"
"Nothing much, just the sky", he joked.
"Come on, what's up?"
He sighs, "Oh alright". "you're no fun", he mumbled. "I heard you last night; you wanna find Mt. Ebott?"
"Hey! You were stalking me inside my house!? That's creepy!"
"Come on! I wouldn't say 'creepy'. If anything, I think it's a way of showing I care to know things about you"
"Well, in the human world, that's just disturbing. I was going to ask you, anyways"
"True, but I wanted to get a little shock factor from you"
"Happy now?", I ask sarcastically. I, then, start to walk to school. Nightmare follows.
"Indeed. Back to my question, though: are you ready for school?"
"I think the real question is 'When will I ever be?' "
"Cheer up. Things will come around eventually. Life is like a mountain: you can't go up if you had nothing to start from. Anyways, see ya"
Of course, he uses a mountain analogy.

I show up during lunchtime, and Ms. Pots looks drained.
"Oh! Y/N! What brings you here?"
"I wanted to talk about Mt. Ebott with you, but you look exhausted."
"Just a lot of grading, dear. I want to grade off of effort and requirements, not off of skill. With that, though, it requires more effort, and I want to give each student feedback on their work."
"Well, how about I help? I feel like you deserve it since you're nice to me"
"Really? Oh, thank you, Y/N. I appreciate your kindness. I'll make sure you get lunch today"
"Thank you, and it's no problem.", I smiled.
"So, Mt. Ebott...what about it?", she asked. I proceed to tell her that I plan on finding it with the book (which I take out to use as a visual), and my theory on the blank pages. "Hm...so, you think it's fate?"
"I think it's an opportunity. What do you say?"
"I can't just leave school like that."
"Then how about during Fall Break?" Ms. Pots shook her head and laughed.
"You're interesting, you know", I get confused. "Alright, just let me know where to meet you. Now, I think you should go eat, thank you for helping"
"I didn't even do much though..."
"A small thing can go a long way, Y/N. Remember that". I thank her, and go off to get lunch.