Chapter 3 The Destruction

"Come on, where would she go other than her work?" Cisco said stuffing a pen in between his teeth. Barry leaned back, multiple thoughts running through his mind. "I don't know" he shrugged.
Cisco sighed, leaned forward and typed in a few letters on the large keyboard.
"Back to square one" he mumbled, hoping Barry didn't hear him.
As Barry stood up, his chair rolling behind him for what seemed like forever on the smooth marble floor. He groaned in frustration as he made his way toward what seemed like a hidden room the same size a wardrobe. Inside was a silver mannequin fitted inside a red suit. On the suit's torso a circle was placed with a yellow lighting bolt striking from the bottom left through to the top right.
Barry sensed Cisco slowly creep up behind him.
"She's gone because of me" he said looking behind him to face Cisco.
"I told her that I loved her".
Cisco was shocked that Barry had finally opened up to him.
Tears filling in his eyes as Barry turned back to face The Flash's suit.
"We'll find her" Cisco placed a hand on Barry's shoulder.
"I know, because I won't give up until we do" Cisco smiled with the sudden courage his friend had just shown. The boys turned and made their way towards the computers. Determined to find the truth of what happened to her.
After searching for several hours, Cisco and Barry had established nothing new. That was hours of skimming their fingers across large keyboards, looking at nothing but the screens.
"Should we take a break?" Cisco asked desperate for the bathroom. As they stood, a sudden shake of the ground surprised them both.
Caitlin came rushing through the double doors with a worried look on her face.
"Barry, I think someone wants your attention" she said softy.
Barry, Cisco and Caitlin anxiously paced towards the nearest window that overlooked the city. As they did, they saw the sight of buildings collapsing, people running for their lives. A shiver was sent running down Barry's spine.
A quick smirk ran across his face, "I know who took Iris".