Chapter Seventeen

BRAN WATCHED FROM THE EDGE OF A CLIFF AS THE MEMORY BELOW HIM CAME INTO FOCUS

A group of imps dragged a man, bound and gagged, into the woods. He squirmed and grumbled until they released him. He stood to his full height, which is well above the small frames of the Children, but the power the small women held is clear. He had lost his shirt along the way but he seemed to be beyond caring.

The lanky, brown haired man looked around the area frantically as if he were trying to find someone. "Where is she? You said she'd be here."

The four Children only stared, but a new part of the vision seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

"One of our powers, Bran, is that we can manipulate memories." The three eyed Raven says, nearly sending the young boy over the edge. "What you see is something I had hoped would remain in secret but to ensure our future I feel you should learn."

The scene continues, though, now there is a woman bound to a Great Weirwood tree. Her mouth is gagged, there are tears rolling down her cheeks and her clothes are ripped in certain spots. She looked as though she had just been pulled along the Forrest floor like the man had, but with less care— if you can drag someone bound and gagged with care.

"Mina" the young man called out, breaking into a sprint towards the hysterical woman. "What have you done to her? Why did you take her?"

Bran looked on from the cliff, squinting his eyes to try and get a better look at the two people. Thanks to the young man's back, he didn't see much of anything.

The gag was removed and the man cradled the woman's face. "Brandon!" The woman cried. "Get out of here! You have to get out!"

"Not without you Mina. Father nearly tore down the castle looking for you." He says, "If I were to go home empty handed he'd have my head on a spike."

Brandon turns to the Imps. "Release her at once, by order of King Greenhand."

"Your father has no power here, boy" One of them sneers. "You'd best remember that."

"You swore you'd release her."  Brandon says.

"We swore no such thing." One of them snapped.

"King Greenhand?" Bran says in confusion. "Maester Luwin taught me about him. He was the original Brandon Stark's father when the first of men came about. The first King of the North."

The Three Eyed Raven released a breath, bracing himself for the events that were about to unfold. "Aye, Brandon Stark, a great builder from the first men."