Chapter Twenty Four

Very, very, very rough writing below... and no gif. Sorry guys...
-LB

A GIRL WITH NO NAME WATCHED THE WOMAN PERFORM.

The Many Faced God had given a name, and for some reason, the stranger was its whisper. The woman plays Cersi Lannister incredibly well, having not seen the woman up close, but words spread about the purple wedding.

The girl with no name only wished she could have seen Joffrey's swollen face as he took his last breath.

Still, despite how plain the woman may seem, she must die. Waif thought it fitting for the woman to die the way her "son" had; a sip of unsuspected poison.

Cruel, but a small act of mercy.

The girl groaned, leaning back into the bed, holding the wound on her side. She didn't go through with the murder. She couldn't. The lady had done nothing wrong. And thank the God's she didn't.

The woman she was sent to kill is now the only one she could think of that would help her, and she thanked the Gods that they favored her odds. With Waif out looking for her, the girl without a name would take these precious, albeit painful, moments for herself.

"You've bled through" A woman says knowingly as she walks into the room. "Here, let me help you."

The girl tensed, moving farther into the wall. "Who are you? Where is Lady Crane?"

"My name is Jeyne" the woman says softly, pausing in her steps. "Lady Crane went to get more medicine for your wounds. She'll be back soon."

The girl said nothing, but relaxed a bit. If it were Waif, she'd gone for the kill by now.

"What's your name?" Jeyne asks, still standing at the doorway.

"I don't have one. My mother died before she could give me one." The lie easily fell from her lips. "My master never gave me one either."

"Is it okay if I come in now?" Jeyne asks, swallowing as she took a small step forward. "I should really redress your wounds. Lady Crane will have our heads if you bleed out."

The girl eyed the taller woman for a short moment before pushing herself halfway up and tugging the blanket down. She didn't dare look down at the wound, knowing she wouldn't like what she'd see.

Instead she focused on Jeyne as she crossed the room and grabbed a bowl of supplies. Her nimble fingers tugged softly at the knot, her dark brown eyes focused on the wound. For some reason, the girl without a name felt she knew her or had seen her before.

"Whoever did this is either very smart or very lucky."

The girl blinks, "Why do you say that?"

"Well, they missed your vital organs. A little more to the right and it would have punctured something important."

It wasn't shocking that Waif had purposefully stabbed her in her side. That girl was anything but merciful, and this was no different. She liked the chase and the pain she inflicts on others. The human part Waif had given up for her God was the same one the girl kept close to her heart.

It felt like seconds, but in reality had been nearly 10 minutes of Jeyne redressing the wound. The girl hadn't even felt her dab at it with a cloth or tie the knot.

"You're incredibly good at this" the girl points out. "Lady Crane isn't as gentle."

"I've had...training" Jeyne pauses, sucking in a breath. "I was a healer."