Chapter Nine

*Feel free to point out any typos you find*

MARINA REMAINED ABSOLUTELY STILL.

They hadn't walked in yet, but she could hear their whispers from outside the door. She had finally fallen asleep a while ago, which is an achievement at the moment. For nearly a week now some idiot had been blowing a horn relentlessly every five minutes, making sleep near impossible.

"What do we do wit' her?" One of them asks.

"Don't know. Theon made it clear that she wasn't to be touched. She is whore or somethin'?" The other asks.

"I'd reckon. But do we take her or leave her here with the rest? Lord Bolton might make use out of her."

Lord Bolton?

The last time she had heard that name was when Lord Stark had gone out to aid them in a war they had created. The Bolton's house flay the men that they capture, and had unfortunately chosen a man apart of another Northern house.

"What would Lord Bolton want with a whore? The last thing he needs is another bastard trying to take ownership of the house. I say we leave her to die with the rest."

Marina's heartbeat skipped. Die with the rest?

"Now be sensible, Barren. The old Maester has been trying to get her out of here. Even tried using his last bit of strength to run here, the old fool."

"Aye" there was a pause, "what do you reckon we do then?"

"What would you do to a captive women when there's no one around?" They paused again. "When we've had our fun we'll kill her and leave her with the rest. Should be a nice surprise if the Stark pups returns."

"Wise man, Malrik." Barren praised. "But I'm goin' first."

"There's no time for that. We'll share her and slit her throat when we're finished."

Marina's eyes flew open just as the door did. In seconds, before the two men could get to the cell door, Marina clambered to her feet with her hands out.

"I thought you said she was sleep!" One of the snarled.

"She would be if you hadn't barged in like an animal, Barren!" The other— Malrik— hissed.

The element of surprise had been tossed out the window, so both men took it upon themselves to draw their swords. Marina's eyes burned a dangerous red.

"So the Maester wasn't a bloody wanker after all." Malrik chortled. "You actually do have magic"

Marina grew confused, but didn't let her guard drop. Normally, whenever she showed her powers, people grew frightened and ran. Yet Malrik looked excited. As if she couldn't kill him with a flick of her wrist.