Chapter 1: Field trip

The following events take place a month after the othermind is destroyed

A field trip. The dragons of the jade winglet were going on a field trip. All the winglets were but when Kinkajou turned a blinding pink and started shouting like crazy, it was clear they were the most excited. Moon snorted fire, Turtle was dancing with Kink, Qibli smiled proudly because he had gotten then a place to stay, and winter groaned. "The desert? Whyyyyyyy? Do we all have to go-" Kink slapped Winter's head down, making him spit. "NO ONE RUINS MY MOOD!!!" The jade winglet flew in a flurry of colors out the study cave and joined the other partying winglets that had been told earlier. Winter sulked in the corner. Moon glanced around at everyone and then her eyes landed on Winter. Moon rushed away and grabbed Winter's wrist. Before he could protest, Moon threw him into the party, sending him toppling into Qibli. Qibli laughed and Winter scowled, but when Qibli looked away Winter smiled too. It had taken a little while but Moon had convinced Winter to stay at Jade Mt. instead of studying scavengers, and he put his research on hold.

The next day the jade winglet and Tsunami flew straight to Sanctuary where queen Thorn was waiting. As soon as the dragonets landed Thorn began to speak. "Hello dragons of Jade Mountain, teacher and students. As a place to learn and as a place to enjoy, the Kingdom of Sand is in your talons. Welcome." The jade winglet clapped excitedly and Thorn began to give out the numbers of the rooms each dragonet would stay in. And Tsunami wasn't at all surprised that Thorn had put Moon and Qibli in the same room, making the excuse that Sanctuary was "a growing city and more dragons come in every day, making space limited" but Tsunami knew that Thorn was almost trying to force them together faster than anyone should. Moon and Qibli however had no problem with any of that. Yet.

The first night was the best night ever. The dragonets toured the town and met the new mayor of Sanctuary, Scorpion. Mayor Scorpion seemed serious at first but it was quickly apparent that she absolutely loved dragonets. Occasionally she would throw a wing over Kinkajou or pat moon's head. Scorpion was happy the entire afternoon, but she acted strange. The sun had just gone down and Scorpion was leading the dragonets back to the town square. "Why are we back here?" Winter asked. Scorpion tilted her head back at him and flames slid out of the shadows and lit hidden candles. Dragons flew out into the open and threw colored sand into the air while others stayed hidden on the roofs and shot multicolored flames into the darkening sky. Kinkajou squealed as music started to play and even more dragons came out of buildings with food and tables to put it on. Everyone was laughing and some dragons started talking and suddenly everyone was yelling over each other just to hear.

But, no one saw, just as Moon ran to get drinks for her and Qibli, that a dragon threw a small piece of paper right into the small crevice between Qibli's horns and frill. And not a single dragon at the party, or even in the world, knew what chaos was about to explode in their faces. 

Yes, this was supposed to be a joke

Yes, I drew this in an old star wars notebook.

Yes, I can draw better.

Yes, that's Kinkajou hitting Winter.

No, this was not funny.