Pancakes, Jokes, and a Smile on Your Face 😊

Moon had barely slept, the vision pulling at the edges of her mind. What was that? What's going on? What just happened? Is it not safe here? Moon felt like her head was spinning and dancing, then she heard a quiet sound.

*pop*

Moon looked around the room, her thoughts briefly pulled away from the night before. What had made that sound?

*pop*

Moon spun around again to see, for the first time, a vase with about nine flowers in it. There were daffodils and silver roses encased in a foggy, light grey vase. Moon took a few careful steps towards the vase and as she did a single petal fell. It was from one of the silver flowers but it seemed as though it were a shade of blue. Moon didn't remember anyone coming up to her room to put flowers in the vase and it was empty the day before. More weird stuff? She thought, pulling away from the vase. At least it's more pleasant than that nightmare... Moon didn't believe that her dream could've been a vision. She would never betray Qibli! Besides, what could he have done to make Moon betray him? It was just a dream.

It was just a dream.

Right? Moon walked down the hall to the room all the winglets shared as the common room and kitchen. As Moon passed, one of the doors flew open making her jump back. "TUUUUUUUUURTLE!!! THERE ARE PANCAKES AND YOU NEED TO TRY THEM NOW!" Kinkajou shouted, dragging Turtle behind her as she tromped down the hall. "Ow! Ow! Ow! OW!" Moon heard Turtle snap as his chin hit each step. Moon could hear more clamor before one door slammed open and a familiar ice-blue dragon took a deep breath in. "Will. You. Two. Ever. SHUT UP?!" Winter shouted so loud Moon was sure the few dragons on the street could hear him. Closing the door behind him, Winter walked to the staircase on the opposite side of the hall. Now Moon had a choice, the first of many. No matter how simple it may have seemed, the two choices lead in opposite directions. One path would've meant no innocent blood would be spilled, the other would lead to chaos and complicated love. Guess which one Moon chose? That's right! The only interesting way! So Moon followed Winter and matched her speed to his. "Why are you always angry?" Moon asked. Winter didn't answer right away. The silence was awkward, which was probably what made Winter speak up. "My family thought being angry made me fit into the royal family better. I guess old habits are hard to break." He glanced over at Moon. "Besides, can you blame me?" He smirked. Moon rolled her eyes and gave him a playful nudge. "It's not that bad!" Winter chuckled. "Right, and I'm a Nightwing." For a moment Winter looked distant. "I actually had a dream about that last night..." Moon's nightmare flickered into her mind. "I had a dream last night too." Moon said. "You were in it, and Qibli. He was sitting in a fire, and you were attacking... something I couldn't see. And a scroll, too. It was a weird dream..." Something crossed Winter's face. "Was it a vision?" Moon shook her head. "No. Qibli said I'd betrayed him, I'd never do that." But Moon wouldn't get that choice later. Winter looked skeptical for a moment but looked ahead. After a moment, Moon and Winter finally reached the staircase. "Annoying dragons first." Moon said, casting her wing to the stairs. "I'm waiting." Winter replied, giving her a sly look. Moon rolled her eyes again but still went first. As they walked down the stairs the only few dragons had woken up didn't seem to acknowledge that Moon and Winter came down together, with one exception. Kinkajou, who was holding Turtle's head above a stack of pancakes in one talon, gave the pair a suspicious look as she lifted a forkful of her breakfast up to her mouth. Moon could almost hear her thoughts through the raindrops in her head. 

The raindrop method of hiding other people's thoughts came naturally now. Every time Moon woke up, she would instinctively encapsulate all the thoughts that she could've heard into drops of rain. Wait... Moon realized. That means... Moon quickly walked over to Kinkajou and whispered, "I think you forgot the skyfire..." Kinkajou jumped up and looked around. "Uhhhh... Here! Hold this for me!" she said, laying Turtle's sleeping head in her talons. Before Moon could protest, Kinkajou went flying up the stairs. Leaving Moon with her thoughts and a green Seawing snoring in her talons. When Kinkajou got back she took Turtle's head, pulled his breakfast out of the way, and put his head on the table. After that, she proceeded to eat his pancakes and probe Moon about why she walked down with Winter. Conveniently, Qibli showed up and Kinkajou stopped talking and waved him over. Soon everyone was talking as more dragons filtered into the common room and eventually everyone was almost shouting trying to hear the dragons next to them. And no one saw what was hidden right under their noses. So far, yet so close to being insane, Qibli had barely changed at all...

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS MEME. SOMEONE ELSE MADE IT.

(I take credit for laughing hysterically though)