Chapter 8

⚠️Trigger warnings⚠️
  ⚠️self harm⚠️

Noah's POV:

So Kayden stayed in his room even during dinner. Jack glanced apologetically at me before making me some delicious noodles. We sat around the dinner table. Jack sits opposite me, Ollie on my right and Lucs on my left.

I feel..warm when both the boys are around me. No offence Jack, but you do scare me a little. Ollie constantly keeps touching my hair, which I am not complaining because it feels good. Luca eats slowly. Even slower than me. Jack is just..Jack. He eats faster than any of us and sits with the empty plate, chatting about goodness knows what because I can't understand much.

"So Noah." He clears his throat. Lucs puts a comforting hand on my thigh and squeezes reassuringly. I steal a glance at his blushing mess of a face before facing Jack.

"Have you been to school before?" He asks. I try not to roll my eyes.

"Of course." I say. I'm not dumb!

"High school?" The question hits me with so much force I feel like waves crashing on me.

"I..uh..i..um...no." I admit, looking apologetically at Luca, who smiles sadly.

"Do you want to?" He asks.

"He has to. He needs to be educated as much as possible. He's been at the..place for how long we don't know. But he definitely needs school. He's Luca's age I guess..maybe enroll him in our school." Ollie says. I glance at him. He's so firm in his decision, there's no hesitation. And disturbingly, I feel inclined to obey him.

"But we should know his opinion too, Ollie." Jack says quietly.

"Will I go where Luca goes? Please?" I ask, heart in my throat.

"Y-you sure?"Lucs asks me. I nod and hold his hand resting on my thigh.

"I think I want to go where you go." I say. He smiles and it is the best thing I've ever seen. I want to make this boy happy, I realise. I need to make him happy. I love his smile.

"So its settled then. Noah will go to high school with Luca." Jack declares.

"Do we need to ask Kayden?" I ask. Kayden seems like the alpha here, and I need his permission.

"Do we though?" Ollie cocks a brow and smirks.

"He will be the happiest person to hear it. Go tell him. I think he's going to like hearing it from you." Jack says.

"But first, help a brother out clean this." Jack waves airily at the table, the plates. I nod and help him. After we put the plates in the sink and I rinsed my mouth, Ollie brought a towel and gently rubbed my face dry.

"Hey, Lucs?" I call. I can't do this alone.

"Y-yeah?" He asks shyly. I beckon him to come closer. He's a tad shorter than me, so its easier to whisper in his ears without standing on tippy toes or bending much down.

"Please? I can't do this on my own. Please come with me?" I ask. He giggles before intertwining our hands and skipping to Kayden's room.

I guess I do love him after all.

Luca stops abruptly in front of Kayden's room and I stop too. Kayden is..yelling at someone and..banging something?

"What's happening?" I ask. Luca shrugs. He knocks on the door and it opens, revealing Kayden's room in a mess.

His bed is a mess, pillows sprawled carelessly and sheets tangled with his clothes. He is sitting on his desk, a huge dent on the wall. Papers strewn on the carpeted floor, the lights are dim. His phone lies in one corner, the glass cracked. He is furiously ripping at his hair.

Luca gasps. Kayden looks up. His eyes are red and swollen. He looks..angry and sad...there's something else I cannot understand.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He seethed. At me.

I feel weak in the knees. I don't know what he's talking about.

"About what?" I ask. He scoffs.

"You knew we would never hurt you. Yet you never told me about the hospital?" He says. I freeze.

No.no.no.no.no!

Luca turns towards me, surprise in his eyes.

"H-he needs t-time, Kayden." He says.

"Don't know how much? Yeah well the nurses at the hospital thought the same. Why don't you tell him, Noah?" He grits his teeth. I feel tears welling up in my eyes and I do what I'm best at.

I run.

I drop Luca's hand and run up the stairs. You knew!
My breath is ragged as I open the door and shut it, lock it. They hate you.
I shut the windows and fall on the bed. Why don't you tell him, Noah?
I sob and whimper and cry.

You knew they would find out. But you don't trust them. You didn't tell them.

I can hear Luca calling my name, Kayden yelling at someone again and I'm terrified. They said they won't hurt me. But what if they do? Kayden is right. I don't trust them. I like Luca..but I don't trust all of them.

Maybe I'm the problem. Maybe,  just maybe if I'm gone, they'll be happy again. The idea is horrifying but its for the best.

I need to do something before things get worse.

I muster up enough courage to walk to the bathroom. I lock the door and slide out the razor blade I had hidden when I could.

Its time.

I'm sorry Luca. I'm sorry Kayden. I'm sorry Ollie. I'm sorry Jack. I know what I must do. But strangely, I feel like I love you. And I always will. And Luca, I love you till the end of time.

Too bad they won't hear it ever again. With shuddering breaths and tears streaming down my face, I sit in the tub and turn on the water. I'm still clothed, and its cold. I take a final, deep breath before slashing my wrist. The blade is new, sharp. Blood trickes down my hand as I wince and let the water go above my head.

Hey loves!❤

Cliffhanger!!😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Not a lot to say, but stay tuned to read more lol. Vote, comment and show love.

Love ya!❤