Yukina x Cat Loving Male Reader

[Non requested idea]

Your POV

Hi, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and throughout my life, I have always been a cat person. My parents did get a dog for as a Christmas gift years ago. At first, they thought it was an ok idea, but they ended up realizing that the dog was an asshole, and bit my hand. The dog, of course, was given away to someone who needed it, but ever since that day, I refuse to go anywhere near a dog.

However, a few years after that day, my parents got me a cat, and she was really cute. She was quite friendly unlike that dog I had. She would always want to sleep with me in my room, so I would do my best to keep my door open at night. And ever since then, I became a cat person.

I also met someone who turned out to be a cat person herself. Our encounter began with me coming back from the convenience store, carrying a bag of cat food for my own cat. As I was walking through the neighborhood, I heard something.

"Hi cutie, did you miss me?"

It sounded like... a girl, and she was nearby, too. I walked just a little bit further and spotted a cat talking to a cat, and she had a smile on her face.

"You must be hungry, are you?" She asked the cat.

The cat purred and meowed happily at the cat.

"Fufu, I had a feeling you might be hungry." She said and pulled something out.

She had a bag of dry cat food. She placed some of it in her hand, and placed in front of the cat. It began to ate the cat food.

"No need to eat it all, there's plenty more where that came from." She said.

The girl does seem happy to be talking to that cat. It gave me flashbacks to when I first met my cat. However, the girl turned her head and saw me. I was taken aback and she was blushing like crazy. I did my best to walk away from her, but she stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Hey, wait!" She demanded.

"Y-Yes?"

"How much did you see all of that?" She asked with a glare.

"Umm, enough to watch you feed that cat." I said, nervously.

"I see..." The girl sighed.

"Sorry for staring at you earlier..." I began.

"No, it's fine. I just need to be more careful." The girl replied.

It was awkward between the two of us right now, but I did my best to keep this conversation going.

"So, you like cats I take it?" I asked.

"I don't feel any particular way about them..." She replied, blushing.

"I see."

The girl stayed silent and blushing.

"But you know, there is nothing wrong with loving cats." I said.

"That's right. If you ask me, I think it is really cute." I said.

The girl blushed.

"Well, thanks I guess." She said.

"No problem. By the way, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). What is your name?" I asked.

"Minato Yukina." She replied before smiling at me. Yukina... what a cute name. Wait, did I thought that her name was cute?

Yukina directed her eyes to the bag I was holding in my hand.

"(Y/N)-kun, what do you have in that bag?" She asked.