Chapter 1

'Where am I?'

Amber eyes blinked, gazing at the wooden ceiling over him. Slowly sitting up, with his elbow resting on the sheets under him, he examined the room.

'I do not recognize where I am'

The man fully sat up and spotted a pile of clothes, folded and placed on the drawer. The man stood up to examine the clothes. A beige dress shirt, a brown and amber waistcoat, slim black trousers. Placed by the clothes was a pair of black dress boots, and black gloves with twin silver archer rings on the thumbs.

The man frowned and a small glint caught his eye, turning his focus to the glint instead.

'Ah. I see. This must be my mortal form now'

Morax, the God of Contracts, examined his new form in the mirror. He changed from his bedclothes and into the ones from the pile and examined himself once more.

'Hmm?'

Before pulling on his gloves, Morax had noticed a silver ring resting on his ring finger on his left hand.

'A ring?'

Brushing against it, Morax's vision darkened.

In a flash, Morax was able to see a glimpse of a woman in all white in front of him. Blinking again, Morax returned to the bedroom with a frown.

'I see. My mortal form has a wife'

Approaching the wooden door, Morax slowly opened it. He was hit with a wave of a pleasant smell and the hum of a soft tune. Descending from the staircase, Morax was met with the sight of the woman from the glimpse.

She stood by the small lit fireplace, stirring the pot with a ladle and a soft smile on her face. A small creak caught her attention and she turned.

"Oh! Good morning, Zhongli!" She chirped, placing the label to the side. "You're up later than usual."

'Ah. My mortal name I see'

The woman went around the table to approach him.

"Are you alright?" She asked. "You're quieter than usual. And you didn't give me a good morning kiss," she pouted.

Morax, no.

Zhongli.

He shook his head and gently cupped her cheeks, leaning in to softly press a kiss to her lips.

"Nothing is wrong, darling. Just admiring you."