The Tour

Olivia sat back in Farah's office, the bald Ben examining her ankle. He'd wrapped something that smelled like the wrong end of a donkey around it and they'd sat and talked for half an hour before he unwrapped her ankle and wiped the fluid off. Now, as the man packed up, grinning, he mentioned a get together the teachers had. It coincided with a specialist's party, freeing them up for a night of fun. Because no matter what the teachers had planned, the students would never tell them something happened until the next few days after. 

So, clearly there was nothing for the teachers to do but have a party of their own. 

"Uh..." Olivia stammered. "Will there be alcohol?" she asked. 

Ben laughed before nodding. 

Olivia brightened considerably. And only Ben saw, but she looked more relieved than anything, like they'd freed her from her worst nightmare. She smiled as best she could, trying to keep everyone happy. "Then I am so there." 

With a pleased grin, Ben cleaned up his equipment. He left with a wave and Olivia turned to her... soulmate. Who had gone suspiciously silent. She'd been displeased at having been booted from her seat beside Olivia, usurped by Kiko, and was forced to sit on the edge of her desk, which was... distracting to the blonde. "You ok?" she asked, concerned while her heart picked up. 

Farah grinned. "Oh, yes. Just thinking about today. How would you feel about a full tour?" 

With a shrug, Olivia stood, able to support her own weight. "Sounds like a plan." 

Elated, the Headmistress held out her arm. She was even more enthused when the blonde laughed before taking it. The door opened before they even reached it and the shorter woman smirked at the show before continuing. 

They passed the railing above the canteen and Olivia looked over the side, at the floor beneath them. She let out a shudder before cozying back up beside the brunette. The taller woman gazed down at her affectionately before forcing herself to look up to where they were walking. She shut out her eyes to push back her blush before leading them down the steps. They reached the bottom floor and Kiko was intricately tangled in their legs. Olivia smiled before clicking her tongue. He moved away from them, and the older woman gestured her down the hall. She'd seen the outside of the school between the back and forth before the Headmistress' arrival. The fairy was now showing Olivia the inside. They walked down a hall of classrooms that weren't intensely amazing until Ben's potion's class came up. 

"He usually stays in the Greenhouse, teaching botany. I only just last summer convinced him to teach potions as well. Only two classes a week, but he's an excellent teacher." 

Olivia could see that in the way the students were enraptured by what he was saying. She saw how intently they cared. It was so unfamiliar with the way her peers were in high school. That's when she felt it. That little bitter burn. She so feared it would show up. Jealous that this existed and she couldn't be a part of it. She was human. Smiling to push through, she turned to the brunette and suggested, "Could we go back outside please?" 

Heart thoroughly melted by her soulmate's smile, only a bit of concern invaded the high of her contentness. She pushed past it as well, answering kindly, "Of course, dear." 

The pair made their way back into the sun until Olivia's heart lightened from her selfishness. 

The blonde took a deep breath and took in the sun for a moment longer, not noticing the stare of her soulmate. She opened her eyes back and a sore spot in Farah's heart was healed at the sight of her blue-green eyes. Having them stare into her own deep brown made her day for the rest of the day. "Okay, I feel better. But I do burn easily," she added, leaning forward conspiratorially. She nodded her head back to the castle with a half smile. "So, how old is the school?" she asked as the brunette led her back to the shade of her beloved castle. 

Farah fell into teaching mode, lecturing her the entire time they were touring. She mentioned the East Wing, but they didn't go into it. She also gave Olivia some basic information about Solaria, skipping over the leader of the country. Olivia was so info-dumped, she didn't notice enough to care.