Awake At Last

Olivia was suffering from migraines. She couldn't figure why and it was driving her mad. Well, that and the not sleeping. Farah had to use magic to let her sleep easy so they decided on a shift schedule for evenings. Farah insisted it was nothing and she didn't seem all too concerned. It was like she knew exactly what it was. But when she was pressed, her eyes were so sad. 

Half of keeping Olivia asleep was toying with her hair. Farah ran her fingers along the blonde's scalp and her green blue eyes drooped without any Mind Magic. The headmistress withdrew her magic and all that kept the burdened woman asleep. 

She roused instantly and looked at her. "Is it morning?" she asked, her voice groggy with her exhaustion. Kiko was laying with his head in her lap and his ears perked when he heard her voice. She thoughtlessly petted him. 

Farah stared down at her guiltily. She wasn't nearly as exhausted as she let on, but she couldn't get in the way of the magic too much. She hated seeing the blonde in such pain, popping mortal medication as if it were straight sugar. She didn't know why she hadn't told Olivia. She definitely should have. Perhaps before bedding her. "No," she admitted. "Olivia, this- Your pain is coming from your... our... joining." 

The blonde flushed mildly before looking the woman over. "Details, please." She shifted in the bed to sit with her legs crossed. She faced her soulmate. 

Farah sighed at the loss of contact. Olivia felt what she did, but she wasn't the instinct following type. She overthought. "When... Well..." She let out a frustrated groan before going into her teacher mode. Olivia felt her underwear dampen. "Fairies live centuries. Humans live decades. This makes us incompatible for soul-mating, but fairies originally came from the First World. We're forever tied." She smiled, taking Olivia's hands. The blonde allowed it and smiled back. "So, laws were written. Our first laws. The fundamental tenants of the OtherWorld. Any human soulmated to a fairy gains their counterpart's power level and potential." 

Olivia's eyes grew 10 times and Farah feared she'd faint again. She understood the power level required to be Headmistress and that Farah greatly exceeded that. She was feeling a bit feint. She took a few slow breaths and focused again. "Whut?" she blurted dumbly. 

The brunette's loose locks swayed as the woman shook her head. She smiled and shut her eyes, at ease even in her insistence. "Nothing bad will happen. You are still young and the power is contained. But I need to begin instructing you." She smiled idly again, moving the pair of them back into the previous position. Her fingers sought out the blonde's neck again and she easily relaxed her younger soulmate. She chuckled to herself and bent her neck to kiss just above her fingers, softly kneading. Her face smoothed with inherent peace at the feel of Olivia's skin. She spoke softly, directing the blonde into the overwhelming voices. But she felt her soul connection more strongly now so she had a constant anchor. Farah had her, through it all. With a calm chaos stewing, Olivia opened white glowing eyes to meet brown. The older woman smiled down at her eye color in her soulmate's eye. It was much better than her having the name Dowling, though she'd have that too one day. The private detective from another world stared into her eternity and she couldn't have felt more secure for the future. 

A/N: Thanks for sticking around for my shitty story's shitty impulse ideas lol. I'm sorry for the long time it took, but we've reached our end.