Chapter 2 - First Encounter

Genos, Saiki and Saitama are all walking next to each other down the road.

Genos' expression is quite serious, as he believes something greater is at hand.

((Genos)): I wonder if the association can get this guy back home.

((Saiki)): Yes, I hope so, I don't know where I am.

Saitama thinks to himself with a dumb look.

((Saitama)): I want to get back home to eat the hot pot.

((Saiki)): Is that all you think about?

*boom*

The building's wall on the left bursts open, bricks fly out and a sizeable monster appears. The monster is quite large, 4 meters tall and roughly 3 meters wide, it is quite round, has a light blue soft looking body which makes up its head as well, but has 3 fierce eyes aligned next to each other. Its mouth is quite small compared to the rest of its body, but it has small, sharp teeth. It has large 2 thick arms with 3 fingers on each hand, and the legs are thick and stubby.

Saiki is shocked now, Genos is ready for battle, Saitama is just standing there with a neutral, bored face.

((Saiki)): What is that, is that ONE OF THE MONSTERS THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT?! I have to protect them, I guess my only option is to expose myself and wipe their memories after.

The monster thinks to itself in a crazy manner, with a regular pitched voice befitting a man.

((Monster 1)): I must crush humans, pathetic humans, where are they.

Genos looks towards Saitama as he's ready to pounce at the monster.

Genos: Master, you two go on, I'll fight it, it'll be good for me to become more like you.

He charges the monster and jumps up to shoot small missiles at it and cannons to blast the monster.

Saitama: Let's go, follow me, Genos can fight that monster alone, he's pretty strong, so don't worry.

Saitama walks off and Saiki stands still for a second.

((Saiki)): I don't understand, he's a cyborg, so I guess it makes more sense why he's strong but is this a normal thing around here?? I could also read that monster's mind, it was very bloodthirsty, and seemed to despise humans.

The monster appears to be absorbing most of the things in its body that Genos shoots at it, it is a more drawn out battle than expected, it continues as Saiki and Saitama walk further on.

(Saiki): Is this a normal thing around here, with monsters and cyborgs?

Saitama pauses for a second and turns to Saiki, giving off a confused look.

Saitama: Huh.. You really don't know, do you? Monsters have been appearing a lot more lately.

His face and tone changes into a more proud sense.

Saitama: But there are plenty of heroes to protect you, don't worry.

((Saiki)): I don't need your protection, but I want answers.

Saitama continues walking alongside Saiki.

((Saitama)): This guy is weird, I don't know how anyone could not know monsters exist, I guess there's lots of people I haven't met.

(Saiki): Are there also more people like Genos?

Saitama: Do you mean other S-Class heroes?

(Saiki): I meant, more cyborgs, but what are S-Class heroes?

((Saitama)): This guy doesn't know anything about what this world is now, I kinda feel bad, S-Class are famous everywhere now, guess there's still a long way for me to be recognised too.

Saitama: Yeah, there's more cyborgs, I've seen a few. Also are you sure you haven't heard of S-Class, they are pretty famous, ever heard of King?

((Saiki)): I can see who he is talking about in his mind,  but I've most definitely never seen this person before, what a menacing look.

(Saiki): I don't know who that is, sorry.

((Saitama)): This is the most surprising news I've heard in ages.

A raspy, nasally voice petrudes from nearby that Saiki hears through telepathy.

((Monster 2)) I'm hungrrryyyy to kill some humans again, it's been too long. Oh! I hear someone nearby.

From around the corner from an ally a monster of 2 meters tall bounces out, it has attributes of a rabbit but looks much scarier than a typical rabbit. It has large, floppy ears and long whiskers. Its body is quite slim and buff, but looks quite rugged, it has large, long feet and a small fluffy tail like a rabbit.

The monster gives off a devious and sadistic smile.

Monster 2: Ahhh, there you areee!

((Saiki)): Another monster, this must be a common occurrence here.

Monster 2: Come here, little humans, I am just a cute bunny, don't be afraid.

Saitama is a little annoyed.

((Saitama)): I don't want to deal with these monsters, I want to help this guy first and then get back home to eat hot pot.

The monster walks closer, Saiki stops walking and Saitama continues walking towards the monster.

((Saiki)): What's he doing, he can't possibly beat that monster by himself.

Monster 2: You're approaching me, how kind to give yourself up like that, I appre...

Saitama cuts the monster off mid-sentence, and punches it, it ends up with its top half no longer there.

Saiki is almost speechless as he stares at what just happened.

((Saiki)): He beat it with just one punch!? I knew I sensed something different about him, he's definitely much stronger than an average person.

Saitama looks behind him towards Saiki and waves for him to continue walking with him, he turns around and continues walking off.

Saiki follows behind him again.

((Saiki)): I am beginning to understand this place.. where I am, but I still don't know so much about this world and the people in it, and even greater, I don't know how to get back home still.

They begin to leave City Z and start seeing crowds of people in the next city.

CHAPTER 2 END