Chapter 6 - Pulse

1:32 AM THAT NIGHT

A drunk, rugged looking man holding a bottle stumbles along a dark ally, a few seconds later he stops moving and glares confused and angrily towards the figure blocking his path, the figure being too dark to see.

Drunk Man: Move outta my way.

The drunk man begins walking towards the figure.

A large, vicious smile with sharp teeth splattered with blood move toward the mans face.

The drunk man drops his bottle, stunned in fear, he glimpses behind the smile to see bloodied bodies. He begins to panic and turns around to run. As he's running he stumbles, scattering his arms to pick himself up and get away.

A claw rises and in a moments notice blood splatters over the walls.

9:30 AM THAT MORNING

King is sitting on the floor watching the news.

NEWS: Reports confirm at least 7 people were murdered last night in City E. One of which are renowned Doctor Pateki, most commonly known for creation of the Super Healer drug. The killer is presumed to be a large, black furred monster, the whereabouts and knowledge of the monster are currently unknown. Heroes are on the lookout for the monster.

((King)): I'm glad I wasn't there.

(Saiki): Who is this Doctor Pateki?

King: Oh, you're awake Saiki. Doctor Pateki used to be a Doctor before he retired, but he created a drug that boosts how quickly you naturally heal. He retired after the death of his only daughter, I don't know how she died but some people speculate he murdered her.

(Saiki): I see. Do you know have a plan for today?

King: I don't really know where to start, but I thought I would take you to Saitama and Genos. They might have a better idea on what to do.

King and Saiki make their way to Saitama's apartment...

Knock* Knock*

Genos opens the door.

Genos: King! And Saiki is back?

Saitama: Did you say King is here?

Genos invites the two in.

Saitama: Saiki is back?

King: Yes, I came here because I didn't know what to do. Yesterday we found out Saiki has psychic powers but it's much more than we thought... he saved me yesterday, completely killed a monster in seconds.

Saitama's mind is wandering off and he's picking his nose.

((Genos)): So Tatsumaki was right!

((Saiki)): Stop picking your nose in front of us!

(Saiki): Yes, it's true, I usually don't like to show my powers, but I changed my mind since this world is full of strange things.

Saitama: Let's go out and see what we can find.

The four head out after getting changed.

Genos: In the meeting yesterday, Child Emperor said that there were two spikes, I think it's safe to assume that one of them was Saiki.. if what Saiki says is true.