Chapter Three: Blood

Blood was not one of Rose's strong suits. When she was a kid there was a brief week where she went around the house, pretending to be a healer. She used a fake wand to heal injuries on her dolls and even used Hugo as a dummy patient. All was going well until her Dad came home from work with a gushing cut on his forehead. Rose passed out right there and with it her dreams of being a healer disappeared. 

Fifteen years later, Rose had trained herself to no longer pass out at the sight of blood. She still couldn't get rid of the nausea that swelled up. She was currently working on that. 

Rose gripped onto the railings, pushing away nausea, as Uncle Harry and Al snapped into action. They spoke so rapidly, Rose couldn't pick out a word. All she could focus on was the blood pooling around him. So much blood

"Pull yourself together," Rose whispered. She forced her feet to continue down the steps. They carried her over to the boys, where she dropped to her knees. The blood soaked into the robes, staining her knees and triggering her gag reflex. 

Tearing her gaze away from the red liquid, Rose looked for the only part of Malfoy that wasn't covered in blood. She settled on his face. Malfoy's eyes were rolled to the back of his head, his face paler than usual. 

"We need to find the source of all the bleeding," Albus said, moving his hand toward Scorp's middle. 

Before Rose could blink, Albus had ripped open Scorp's robes to reveal his damaged chest. More blood shot out, squirting Al in the face. He fired off healing spells to stall the bleeding and began setting a fresh bandage on one of the wounds. 

Cuts covered his entire body like someone had put him through a shredder. His skin was ripped and hanging from his flesh. An easy fix with a few healing charms and potions. Unfortunately, they were items Rose didn't have handy.

"What can I do?" Rose asked meekly. 

"Put pressure on this wound," Albus ordered, guiding her hands to Scorp's left where the blood seemed to be the worst. 

Rose gagged and closed her eyes, trying not to focus on the warm goo pouring between her fingers. 

"Bloody hell," Uncle Harry sputtered, his green eyes widening significantly. "What the hell happened here?"

"Alexander is an idiot, that's what happened," Albus explained hurriedly, using his wand to get rid of the excess blood. "Alexander was supposed to clear the basement. He got distracted and never went down to check it. When Scorp went down there to set off the explosion, he was attacked by three members of The Reformed. He managed to fight off two of them. The third one must have sent the explosion because it went off. By the time I got to him, he was like this."

Uncle Harry cursed, pushing Albus out of the way to close Malfoy's open wounds. "Monday morning, Alexander is getting fired. That's the 2nd time something like this has happened. I can't keep putting my employees in danger."

"Rose, I need you to move your hands. I'm going to start closing up this wound and reset his shoulder. While I do that, I need you to keep him still."

"How do I do that?" Rose asked as she switched positions with Albus to sit by Malfoy's head. 

"Hold him down as best you can," Uncle Harry explained patiently. "Try and keep clear of his left shoulder."

Rose didn't have to be told twice. She repositioned herself, firmly putting pressure on his chest, as Albus grabbed Malfoy's arm. A sickening pop echoed into her ears. Malfoy jerked against her arms and groaned loudly. 

"Alright, Rose you can let go." 

Rose did as instructed and stared down at the pale Ferret. The blood no longer appeared to be draining out of his body. Al removed most of it with the wave of his wand. Without the blood, the bruises and scratches on Malfoy's chest were evident.