03 | A NEEDED APOLOGY

p.s. eywa in this story is a character
and not just a vital force like in the movie.

"How are you, child?"

Na'vieh felt her heart flutter at the ever so familiar voice. Calm yet somehow authorative, just like how she remembered it. She was dreaming yet again, but this time, she was in the spirit tree back in the reef.

She opened her eyes with a smile and looked forth, not daring to move her eyes awayo from the gleaming figure in front of her as she sat up.

"Mother?" She beamed, rushing over to the deity in a form of a very tall and slender woman. She could feel the deity's worry as she held her in her arms, transferring energy for her should to feed on. "Oh, I missed you, mother."

It was the same as Na'vieh remembered, Eywa has always made her feel special. As far as she can remember, no one in the history of na'vi has ever even able to meet the deity other than herself, and she would be damned if she didn't admit that it made her feel more than what she is.

Eywa wasn't just an entity, for someone like Na'vieh, the deity was her mother. Her spirit, her soul, and her guide.

She waited for her to say something after they broke the hug. Anything. But Eywa simply gave her a smile and stroked her cheek, giving her a knowing yet caring look. "You are healed, you did not die. You will go back now."

Na'vieh's smile dropped as she realized what she was told. Immediately, she went looking at her stomach for any defects, injury or even pain. But there was nothing. She looked back at Eywa and bowed her head.

"Thank you, Mother." Eywa nodded her head and started to walk away from her as if she had finished what has to be done. However, Na'vieh didn't want for her to go so she rushed towards her and pleaded for her to go back. "Mother! Wait- please! What should I do, I'm not ready to go back yet...!"

"You are ready, you do not need me anymore. Come back with more than what you are."

Before she can think of anything else to say, Eywa had disappeared in plain sight and was no longer with her. Realizing this, Na'vieh knew it will be a long time before she will be able to be in her presence again. She could simoly then express a disappointed smile, accepting it.

Na'vieh could feel a tear drop from her cheek as she opened her eyes, she had woken up. She was stirred awake from the bright ray of the blue sky that faced her, squinting her eyes as she found it difficult to look any longer.

"Huh? Where- ugh." Na'vieh didn't let panic get to her, she only grunted in pain as she attempted to sat up from where she was.