01 | CALM BEFORE THE STORM

Fortunately, the shore has been nice and peaceful for the day, and Na'vieh was more than delighted because of it

Fortunately, the shore has been nice and peaceful for the day, and Na'vieh was more than delighted because of it. She sighed softly, looking down at the clear flowy water and seeing her reflection. She sat at the edge of her very own marui given to her as she is the clan's tsakarem.

It was comfortable silence between her and nature was what made her feel eased, while the soft hustling of the village people continued on, she could only ignore them as it was only often times that she is given the opportunity to have the afternoon for herself and for her own entertainment. That's right, no duties.

Her mind fuzzed for a few couple of seconds as she breathlessly looked down, recalling those that had happened to her during the few days that had passed ever since her visit from the spirit tree.

First it was the village people finding her quite suspicious recently, even she couldn't tell why. However, Na'vieh figured that it must've been because of her being in a terrible mood more than usual. She did regret so, since her peers and elders were accustomed to her pleasant and lively personality.

Then the time when Eywa would calls for her at random times, the words she had told her were forged in her mind and it definetly didn't help how every night, the deity would enter her dreams and repeat the same phrase with no explanation as to why.

The continous whispering that drove her to staying in her hut, relieving the stress by making herbs and medicines all throughout the day. This was the cause of her switching moods that she couldn't control.

And then there was the attraction she had fallen into whenever she passed by the groves of her village, a path that led people far from the village. A forest deep within the big island near to where she was.

It's easy to say that if it wasn't for her companions who continuously pulled her around, she swore that she would've been lost in her own little world by now.

The memory of Eywa giving her a message lingered around the corner of her mind. Because of this, her relaxed face was replaced with a knowing look. She pursed her lips together, grumbling to her self as if she was annoyed of something.

"It would be nicer if I get an explanation!" She softly yelled, grunting and tossing her arms in the air as if she was punching something.

Na'vieh wondered if she even is doing her duties as an important benefactor of her clan. She knew, that as a Tsahik in training, she should get her priorities in line. What even is she if she can't even interpret what was being told to her.

"Why do you have to be so stupid and... clueless." Na'vieh told herself, mocking her reflection in the water and plainly kicking the water, splattering her face along the process.

It wasn't until she calmed herself did she suddenly have a thought on why whispers had been reluctant on making the situation easy for her. She scoffed, obviously Eywa was making her solve a puzzle.