04 | NEYTIRI

Neytiri felt a special connection towards the girl she was tending to, she couldn't phantom why but she just did

Neytiri felt a special connection towards the girl she was tending to, she couldn't phantom why but she just did. From the very moment she layed eyes on her, she felt a spark emit inside her soul as if there was something inside her head that told her the girl was no stranger. Perhaps now she was right now, but she got a feeling that something would happen in the near future.

Her husband didn't exactly explain how he had found the girl nor how it got to the point that he was willing to let a stranger rest among his fortress, but Neytiri asked no question and performed her way of treatment. She had her kids with her by her side all while she attended to the girl.

Mostly it was eldest who had helped the most, while the rest of her kids helped their father.

"You were near being in Eywa's grasp, you are lucky." Neytiri mumbled to her. She watched as Na'vieh squirmed from the contact she had received from her touch, she worried that she was too vulnerable to even have a conversation and seeing her crippled on a makeshift bed didn't help much into thinking she could leave her alone.

But Na'vieh, much to Neytiri's surprise, answered back in a rather troubled manner. Though she could not blame her for it, but she listened.

"I think it's the opposite." Na'vieh told her blatantly, and it made the older woman pause. It was the first time she had talked to her after a night long of nursing her. "It would've been lucky if she just upped her decision and took me with her. But I'm not gonna complain."

Neytiri was a bit shocked from such an answer, kind of finding her way of speaking her mind to be funny yet reckless. Nevertheless, she nodded her head in agreement with Na'vieh, which surprisingly made the girl express a light smile.

"I believe Eywa let you live through this for a reason." Neytiri said, finishing the treatment she had given her. Although, instead of hearing a 'thank you' from her, Na'vieh didn't let anything block her away from asking her the same question everyone in the Sully family wondered about.

"How did you know me?" Na'vieh asked, her tone was serious and it genuinely made Neytiri feel helpless. "Neytiri, I need to know. Have we met before?"

"No." All while avoiding her eyes, Neytiri answered her and continued to explain herself. "We've never met before. But I must be honest, I was warned by Eywa about your appearance in my life."

"Really? How long ago?"

"I do not know when exactly, but it was more than a couple of days ago. When... my family and I left pur clan."

For a moment, Na'vieh felt conflicted by her explanation and remained quiet. She looked away from Neytiri and sunk herself in her own thoughts. For her, the woman's answer seemed lacking in some way and it didn't really satisfied her. Until Neytiri spoke again, but this time she was looking elsewhere and not into her eyes.