Fifty

Yeongwon

Minhyun have been in that building for almost 3 hours and he hasn't given me a call at all, I told him to call me if he is not happy with whatever he is given at work but he didn't call at all. I hope that he is liking the job that his father planned for him to take to know the inner workings of the company and for him to work as a spy at the same time, Minhyun told me that he didn't want to do that but it is the fastest and best way to learn more about the business.

He told me that he was nervous and he told me that he can't do it, that he can't force himself to wear a suit and work 9 to 5 every day but here he is, taking an internship before he can get into a higher position at work and his father would be relieved that there is someone who can continue his legacy and it is not some random dude from the board of directors.

They never had a good relationship with each other and Hwang Minhyun once told me that he is going to cut off ties with his father as soon as he graduates from high school and open a small restaurant but he is always the son of a CEO, and now that his stepmother had divorced his father as and sold her shares, Minhyun had about the same amount of shares which means that he is a very important member of the board and there is no reason why he will not take over the company when he is such an important part of the board.

Minhyun told me that he would die than inherit his father's company but he can get all the money if he takes over and he would have a better life, and it is not like he has anything that he wants to do in his life. I might sound like a golddigger but it is one of the ways that he can never worry about having no money to pay for anything, and it is also the best way to apologize to his father.

"Girl, aren't you getting too much bread? Are you trying to feed the entire neighbourhood or something?" The cashier asked me when I got to her counter.

I chuckled at her little joke and then I looked at her face, she is not joking at all. "My boyfriend is working and it is his first day at his new job, I am buying all of this bread so that I won't be hungry waiting for him."

She takes a look at her watch and she gasps loudly. "It is not even 10 and you would have to wait till 1 for him to get out of office for his lunch, I am a little concerned for you." She said to me, looking at me in the eye and she sighed. "Please tell me that he is not some kind of a jerk or I am going to punch him in the face if I see him walking around here."

I laughed but her face is still so serious. "He is not a jerk, I just want to support him by staying close to him and making sure that he fits in well with the company."

She let out a relieved sigh. "Is that so? Then enjoy your bread while waiting for your boyfriend."

I left the bakery and I went into the nearest cafe and it is just within walking distance to the office, I hope that the coffee is nice so that I can recommend him the drinks that taste delicious. The reason why I am waiting for him to get off work is that he did that for me when I am at work and he is staying up late just for me and pick me up from work on his bicycle, I figured out that I should do the same on his first day of work and he would feel so thankful that I am doing this for him.

He is going to be a great CEO in the future and it would be good that I encouraged him and motivated him to do what he is supposed to do, even though it might seem a little weird to the others. It is good for me to be out here as well, I have the time to study for my examinations at the same time.

Minhyun came out a little over 1 pm and he looked lesser anxious than I had expected and he was all smiling when he saw me. "Did you have fun waiting for me?" He asked me when we took our seats at the restaurant.

"I almost fell asleep a few times and I has to slap myself to wake myself up, how did you even do that at 3 am?" I asked him, he must have felt so sleepy waiting for me.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I think that I did fine, the lounge chairs at the lobby are all so comfortable and I even got a blanket once by the lovely security officer, I think that I told you that story once before."

I nodded my head. "I think that we don't need to wait for each other to finish work anymore, Minhyun."

"Why?" He asked me, his answer telling me that he doesn't agree with me.

"We both have our lives and the both of us have huge things to achieve, with you taking over your father as the CEO and I being the radio DJ, I know that it is thankful for both of us to wait for each other to end work but you are not able to do anything else during that time," I said to him. "I love you but we don't need to involve ourselves with each other when we are doing the things that each of us likes, it is unnecessary and it is a waste of time."