First Day

"Are you sure you have everything?" My mom asks as we walk into campus.

"Yes mom," I giggle. "Everything is at the dorm. I have to get to class now. It starts at 8."

"I know, I know." She sighs. She gives me one big hug. "Be safe. Make good choices. And for the love of god please please please don't sit in your dorm alone all year. Make some friends here."

"But what if I like being alone."

"Petrina! Are you depressed."

"No! It's just that people tend to rub me the wrong way!" I groan as I roll my eyes.

"Don't let them roll you the wrong way. I'm sure you'll find people you like. It's a preparatory school. They don't just allow anyone to attend like a regular public school."

I roll my eyes then smile. I gave her one last hug and I made my way into the school.

"Alright, English, room 204," I mumble while looking at my schedule. "Where is room 204?"

People pass me in the hallway talking, laughing, messing around. It was a typical school just with kids who are rich, smart, or extremely athletic.

"Trina Sloan. One of the best golfers in the state of South Carolina." Bridget said to Adam from around the corner. "How do you know about her?"

"I watch a little golf from time to time." Bridget says. "And she is a resident of one of the country clubs that my Cousin owns down in Charleston so we kinda know each other."

I look up to scan the room when I notice a girl with light brown hair on the other side of the hallway. Bridget Nixon. A near friend of mine.

"Bridget!" I yell without trying to make a scene. We give each other a huge hug and laugh.

"I'm so happy your attending here!" Bridget says.

"I didn't even know you went here."

Bridget shrugged.

"Trina, this is Adam Banks. My boyfriend."

"Hi Adam." I wave. "Do you mind showing me room 204? I'm a little lost."

"Of course. That is right next to where i'm going, so just follow me."

I follow her down the hall. I thanked her and walked in. Everyone sat next to their friends while I just stood and watched, scanning the room searching for a seat. Out of everywhere, I chose the seat in the second row from the front and 3 row from the door.

Two boys walked in laughing and being annoyingly reckless. Pushing one another and slapping one another. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my notebook from my backpack.

Of course out of everywhere, they sat behind me. Now, I grew up with annoying brothers, but I came here thinking I could finally have some peace to myself.

The bell rang and the teacher walked in. "Good morning students. Welcome to English 10. I am Mrs. Mordechai." The teacher was older. She was bleached blonde hair the was cut to her shoulders. She wore a blazer and stilettos and which made her short body look taller. She was like a stubby little pebble.

"Now, we don't play games in 10th grade so I want you guys to take out your notebooks and start writing down what goal do you have and how are you going to achieve it."

I began to write about my goal. It was really plain and simple. My goal was to find a goal that I must set for myself. Some may think it would be to be the best golfer I could possibly be or make my parents proud by going to med school. But the thing was, that's not what I really felt a need to achieve. It just felt like side goals to me and not my main goal.