Hole in One

Golf practice was usually split between the varisty and the junior varsity when we play the actual course. When we play the actual course for practice rather than going to the driving range, the Varisty team will go out about an hour earlier before the Junior Varsity so it isn't too congested on the holes.

I pulled up to the course with the rest of the jv golfers.

"Alright, we will be playing in threes. How does that sound?" Coach Brodie said. Everyone nodded and started forming their groups. I just stood there, watching the girls form their groups.

"Hey Penny, why don't you join our group." Lexi suggested.

I shot her a smile in appreciation for her kindness, but I really was not a fan iv even being here with the junior Varsity in the first place.

"Alright, group one! Your up." He called.

The first three girls lined up before the Tee and the first girl went. And she totally shanked it.

"That's okay, Regan. Whose next?" Brodie sighed. The next girl went. Her tee off was better than the first but not entirely amazing. It was a decent start and I gave her some credit.

The third girl went up to the tee box and set up her tee. She had a Callaway 3 wood in her hand and she began to set up. She took more time than the other girls, but she was making sure her stance was in place. She slowly swung her club back at a good pace, keeping her head down. Then, she swung her club, hitting the ball what had to be 200 yards in the most efficient way.

"Nice shot, Jasmine." Coach complimented the girl. She didn't say anything. Jasmine walked back to her clubs that we left next to me and slide her club in it. She shot my a stoic glance before swinging her bag over her shoulder.

Jasmine Young actually sat next to me in English and in front of me in Chemistry. She was very quiet and mostly very stoic. I could tell that she was humbled but probably just nearly as good as me at golf.

We waited for the group to finish the whole before we waited for the next group. Those group of girls nearly took a half hour before they moved onto the next.

Finally it was our groups turn. I decided to go last out of courtesy. Lexi and the other girl, I think her name was Ally or something, went before me. And their shots just gave me vertigo. They would lift up their heads, swing to fast, wouldn't place their feet on the ground properly. When I went, I showed them how it was done. About 220 yards with my driver, and on the green.

"Nice shot, Sloan." Coach Complimented with no emotion. I only snickered slightly.

"Okay, I'll be around." Coach said as he was getting into his golf cart. "I'm gonna check on the Varisty girls. They should be done very shortly. The assistant coach, Coach Stoll is coming back next week and from then on she will help you guys and the other girls throughout practice." He informed. "Now keep up with the game, and don't keep people waiting. It shouldn't take you an hour to play one hole." Coach Brodie then drove away on his golf cart to catch up with the varsity, leaving me with the amateur golfers.

"What does he mean it shouldn't take us an hour to play a hole?!" Lexi wined as she walked to her ball. "That's like nearly impossible."

"Yeah, he acts like we should be done with the whole course in 2 minutes." The other girl added.

I rolled my eyes at their dumbness. "It should take at most 3 hours to play nine wholes. It's not impossible, I promise you."

Lexi hit her ball about 50 years.

"You only say that cause you've been competing in junior PGA tours." Ally retorted.

"Yeah, cause I try and surround myself with people who are good at the sport. I learn from them. They gave me the ability to perform great."