Cooking 101

Our presentation during first period wasn't too bad. Other than the fact that Dean straight up read off the note card and spoke like a total robot.

"You should work on public speaking." I told Dean as we sat down.

"I didn't want to mess up your analysis." He shrugged.

I just rolled my eyes.

I sat in History next period with Dean and we were working on a packet together on the Cold War.

"What does the Cold war refer to?" I read the question out loud.

"A period of tension between the US and Soviet Union." Dean said while writing down the answer.

I looked up at him throughout my eyebrows. "And the respected allies, Western and Eastern Bloc." I added, also writing down on my paper "What's another name for the Cold War?"

"The Proxy wars."

I looked up and at this paper. He was half way through the page.

"Dean!"

"What?" I looked up at me.

"Your halfway through the page already!"

"Yeah, i'm aware." He nodded. "These questions are easy as fuck."

"How did you—Oh never mind." I look back down at my paper.

"You want my answers so far?"

"I'm good. They are probably wrong anyways."

Dean tilted his head. "I don't think they are. I am pretty certain their right."

"Oh really?" I challenged him.

"Yeah," He replied. "I used to watch the history channel every time I went to my grandparents house. My grandfather was obsessed. I nearly have every war documentary totally imbedded into my head."

"War documentaries?"

"Yeah, he wouldn't put anything else on the tv." Dean shrugged as he continued through the packet. "Describe the western bloc. Well, it was a lead by the US and other first world nations that were generally liberal democratic yet tied to a network of authoritarian states."

I was almost speechless. Was Dean having a smart person moment?

"Can you—Can you actually repeat that?" I said while flipping to the next page that had that question.

Dean was one of those kids who sucked at every subject BUT history. Like he was like one of those weird world war 2 kids who knew every little aspect of the holocaust.

Fourth Period, I walked to Mrs. Cryee's class. My Cooking class. As soon as I walked in, I saw Beau on the other side of the class. He looked at me and smiled before going back to talking with his friends.

I went to my stations which had Connie, Julie, and some kid they call Goldberg.

"I heard that we are gonna make biscotti this week." Julie said.

"Do you think Mrs. Cyree is gonna actually have us do it, or is she just gonna continue lecturing about how she doesn't believe in paper plates." Connie stated.

We all laughed at her comment.

The teacher began passing out the recipe to put new cooking assignment.

"Yes! We are making biscotti!" Goldberg cheered.

"Here, give the paper to me." I say making a grabby have to signal Julie to give the recipe to me. I started to read the recipe. "Goldberg, preheat the oven to 350. Julie, you get the bowls. Connie gather the dry ingredients such as salt, baking powder, flour, sugar, and vanilla extract. I'll get the eggs and butter."