Receiving Letters

KHAOS POV

      Cherry has been gone for a week now. I want to say things are better for me, it's not. Yeah, the club apologized to me, and they are more like the club we used to be before. I can feel the brotherhood again, but I know that Bear and Sadie are working on issues because of what happened. I feel guilt for that and the guilt I feel over Cherry, it weighs on me. At least now I have more moral support, that keeps me from spiraling down the black hole of depression. I hope Cherry has support too. I hope she is okay.

   Tech has some new information on Alejandro and his whereabouts, so after a semi tense lunch with my family, I head into church. After the gavel bangs to start, "Tech what have you found?" dad asks. "Alejandro is in Arizona; he barely survived the shot to the chest and is weak. He has pissed off customers and a very disrupted supply line. Now he has the cartel still after him, very powerful customers, and several MCs. So he is in hiding, on the run, and desperate. He has a contract on the black market to find Cherry and bring her to him alive. Also rumors that he is trying to reopen a supply line, if he does, he will get the buyers back off him. Also, it is rumored he is trying to sneak back into Mexico, reunite with his brothers. That would be bad. The one brother is just as bad if not worse than him. If I have a few more days, I can tell you which rumors are true, and which aren't. I have a hacker friend there that can give the address of Alejandro and can hack their phones and computers easier than I can." Tech replies. "What's everyone's opinion?" dad asks. "We don't have any ally clubs there and I don't think going there to take care of it ourselves is a good idea. We know he doesn't have her, since he has a contract on her. So maybe waiting to see Tech's buddy, to find out is a good idea." I state. "I can see the benefit of waiting but you all know I am always up for kicking some ass too. I am okay with whatever is decided." Beast speaks up. "If he is looking to leave the country, he could be gone by the time we have a solid plan and get there. I think we should wait." Bear adds. "If we leave here to go for them, we are leaving our women and others vulnerable, since this is the last place, he knew she was. This is where he will send people looking for her." Wolf replies. "All in favor of waiting, say aye." dad demands. Ayes all around. "We wait. Tech, get your friend on it as soon as possible. Church dismissed." Prez says banging the gavel.

    "Bear. Can you stay for a minute? I need to talk to you." I ask as everyone stands to leave. "Yeah," he replies. Once the room is clear but us and the door closed, "You need to forgive Sadie and you guys need to move on from it. I was in the wrong treating Cherry the way I did. I own that shit. Sadie was in the wrong pressuring you to not talk to me. She apologized and she is owning that shit. I know you feel guilt for me suffering basically alone, but I feel guilt for it causing trouble in your marriage. I have enough guilt for everyone. I forgive Sadie and still love her. I know her and your baby are the best thing to happen to you. Don't let her standing up to defend her friend, the way she did and your guilt ruin that. I love you, brother. I want what is best for you. Please try. Trust me, Ivy is giving this same speech to Sadie." I tell him. "I will try harder to forgive her and put it in the past. I don't want to lose them, you are right. Sometimes it's hard to see around your own pigheadedness and guilt. You need to forgive yourself too. Guilt isn't a good thing to hold on to." Bear replies hopping up and hugging me. We walk out of the room together and see mom, Ivy, and Sadie crying. We run over to the booth, "What's going on?" I ask. "Don't know, yet." replies Wolf. Looks like him and dad have been trying to calm them to find out. Finally, Ivy shoves some paper into my hand. It's a letter. I open it.

Dear Ivy,

    I am alive and well. I don't want you to worry about me. I am moving on. Maybe it's for the best. Alejandro has no reason to target the club without me there. Maybe Maria will turn over a new leaf and make Khaos happy. I love and miss you. Make sure those babies know that their Aunt Cherry loves them too. I found someone to love. I included his picture. His name is Tank. He listens and makes me feel safe. I will send letters when I can. When I figure out a way I can't be traced, I will call. Give the boys hugs and kisses for me.

Love you Sis,

Cherry

     I have tears rolling. My heart is shattering. I finally realized how I felt, and she already moved on. I have to see this guy. I look at the picture and it is the biggest damn dog I have ever seen. I start laughing along with my tears. It tore my heart up thinking she had a new man, when it's a dog. "What's funny?" Ivy asks. "Did you see the dog? That thing looks like a damn pony, it's so big." I say turning the picture around. "Holy fuck. You're right it is as big as a pony." my dad laughs. "Where is the envelope?" I demand. "Right here, why?" Ivy asks not wanting to hand it over. "Look at the post mark. It will tell us where she is." I rushed to reply. All three women look at the front of their envelopes. She wrote all three of them. "Columbus, Ohio" Ivy says. "Las Vegas, Nevada" mom replies. "Tallahassee, Florida is where mine is from." Sadie informs us. "How is that possible? They were all overnighted on the same day from different cities. It's her handwriting. I just don't know how." I replied with confusion. "I don't know either, but I will have Tech try to figure it out. At least we know she is alive and safe." dad says. I know that is true. Smart woman, really fucking smart to have done that to hide her location.