Chapter 12

Raine's POV

I remember all of the times I've never felt loved by my father. He always wanted a son to take over his pack and be proud to have him. Until I was born a girl.

My father shunned me out along with my mother. I was raised by my Nanny, Rosie. She wasn't able to bear children so she raised me like her own. She was the one who helped me during my shift and she was there when I need her.

She is my true mother. My "parents" are both a baby makers who are no good mutts. I hate them with a passion. I bet they're giving the future Beta, Elton the position.

But now Rosie is dead. She had a heart attack and didn't make it. I miss her with all my heart. She was the only woman other than Cassie and Avery to truly love me.

"Raine ready to go to school?" Markus asked as I got my bag.

"Yup." I replied and we were off.

~~~

-FLASHBACK-

"Now you be nice to everyone." Rosie said as she put on my outfit.

"Ok." I said in my 8 year old voice.

Rosie let go of my hand and let me go to class while I played on my tomigotchi.

I didn't have friends since my parents disowned me when I was born. I hate my life I don't know why I'm here.

"Class let's begin with math." Ms. Lynn said as we pulled out are workbooks.

"Look at the Alpha's daughter. What a disappointment." Elton chuckled as the class laughed.

Can he make it worse?

"She should kill herself. Nobody but her Nanny loves her." Harry, the third in command snickered.

I just tried to ignore them and do my schoolwork.

~~~

My "mother" was sitting in the living room watching tv with my father and they looked happy. Like I never existed.

I wonder what it's like to feel loved by my parents? What if I came out a boy?

"Tobias when are we going to get rid of Raine?" My mom asked.

"When she finds her mate." My dad said.

"If she ever does." My mom laughed and soon my dad joined in.

I cried so much that night and I never wanted to ever wake up.

-FLASHBACK OVER-

~~~

Everyday I wonder what's my pack doing? Does anyone miss me?

To this day my parents are dead to me. I hate them with a passion. Someday I hope my parents realize that I'm more than a disease to them. I hope they understand I'm the best daughter they ever had.

~~~

"Markus stop I'm trying to cook!" I whined as he kept kissing my neck.

"But I want to make out with you." Markus whined back and hugged my waist.

"If you like grilled cheese burned then you can cuddle all you want." I said sternly.

That comment made him sober from his lovey state and let me go and continue cooking. I also had tomato soup cooking as well to add with are grilled cheese. Yum.

When the food was done and placed in bowls and plates Markus got us soda and poured them into glasses and then lunch was served.

"This is soo good!" Markus moaned as he ate the food.

"Thanks I added something in the soup and cheese." I said as I dipped my grilled cheese in my soup.

"What did you add?" Markus asked.

"Well...I added a dash of pepper with salt in the soup with a basil leave. As for the cheese...I added some bacon bits." I shrugged and continued eating.

"Awesome my babe can cook and look good coookin." Markus winked and took a sip of his drink ending the perfect night.