Chapter 1- Captives hold

__________________________ 明かりが消えると暗闇に潜むものが怖い ___________________________

I'm Akito Merumi Amajiki. I'm a boy, with pink short hair and shiny green eyes. I've been a captive for a long time. It's been how long now? Two years? Three? All I know is that it's been so long since I've seen the sun. My family never did come to find me, or at least that's what my captor said. Today is my 8th birthday.

"Since you've been so good and cooperative, Akito I'll give you a little gift for your birthday." My captor said, smiling with a creepy look to his face. It was a face I was used to as he was a creepy man in general.

"Thank you, I'm very grateful for whatever my gift may be." Reading books truly do elaborate your vocabulary.

"Since you've stopped fighting to give us your blood, I'll let you and Eri go outside," he said. "Simply put on these quirks canceling gloves I made you, we wouldn't want you to give anyone a disease now would we?"

The quirk I was born with was called sickness. It can give people minor headaches to flu like symptoms or even worse. I wasn't captured for this quirk specifically but mainly my other one called enhancer. It's a quirk that can ehance anything. It is usually a pain because I don't know how to control either of my quirks. When I cry my enhancer enhances my tears and the amount could fill up a kiddies pool. If I'm angry it could enhance my own anger. If I'm sick I can spread my own sickness to others even if it isn't a contagious one.

Overhaul wants to erase quirks forever. I always wondered if I should stand up to him and try to escape, but in reality I'm just a dumb kid who's too weak to stop him. Eri cries every night, hoping we will get saved. Since I am older than her by 2 years I always go and comfort her. She's been here longer than me, but yet she is still so young. She gets so much blood taken, she has to go through lots of "resets" and my soul hurts for her. I want her to have the best life the world has to offer but sadly we are both trapped here.

I get ready to go outside. I put on my shoes and I let Eri put little bows in my hair and we get ready to go outside. We walk in a dark alleyway and up ahead I see it. Light. It's a lot more beautiful than I remember. Eri runs out to the light, and she's too quick for me to stop her. Overhaul is going to get mad at her. I don't want her to go through more treatments. As I watched her run off I couldn't help feel jealous. Why didn't I have the courage to run. Why didn't I feel the courage to try to run free into the unown light ahead.

Maybe I was scared. Maybe I was terrified that what lied ahead would be a much worse fate that what we were going through now, or maybe... Maybe I was afraid to find someone who's help us.

"I can always rely on you to listen, can't I Akito?" Overhaul says. Then he let go of his tight grip on my bandaged wrist.

"Go grab your sister. Now. Maybe also explain to her why she shouldn't run off."

I went up to Eri who had bumped into a hero. The hero had green eyes and green fluffy hair, the texture almost broccoli like. The hero next to him had blond hair and a cool suit. It had the number 1 milion, wonder what that represents.

"Come Eri we have to go or Kai will get upset."

I was told to call him Kai in public. It draws less attention then the name Overhaul.

"Why would he get mad?" The green-haired boy asked me. His intense gave gave me a fright. Why was he staring at me? And why was he asking questions.

"B-because he m-might be worried if we g-get lost," I said, stuttering

"Please just come back, Eri. You know how he is and-"

"P-pl-please s-sav-ve u-us," Eri said gripping onto the green-haired boy. She looked terrified to come back.

I turned around to look at Overhaul. My captor. Of course, I was scared. If it was up to me I'd tell her to run away and never come back. But it isn't up to me. In this world people like me and her don't get a say or a chance. We can play heroes all we want but in the end there isn't a true hero. They always fall short. Money, fame, recognition? That's all they want and when they get it they don't care if people die.

I hate Overhaul but I'd never allow myself to go with heroes and become like them, become a disguised evil claiming to protect and save everyone. I won't allow it.

"Let's go back, Eri, please?" I said.

"Eri just had a scolding. She's just acting up, please hand her over." Overhaul had said now being serious.

"Why are both these children covered in bandages." The green-haired boy said, pressing Kai with so many questions.

"Fool, he could kill us all right now and you want to ask questions? Dumb hero, just go back on patrol and we will survive like we've always been doing." I thought to myself.

 "They got hurt playing at the park, now Eri come along now." He said, "Be a good and obedient kid like Akito."

Mirio's POV

Akito? That's the name of  Tamaki's brother that went missing a few years ago, but I've never met his brother, so I would never know if this was him. They had some similar features and they both had that signature helpless look on their face.

"Eri please come back, please?" The boy said pleading. I wonder why he's begging this little girl to come back. This is definitely suspicious, no wonder Sir. Nighteye wanted us to investigate this.

"Oh so then, you should get back to your father Eri," I said. I didn't want to blow our cover and even if I really wanted to grab both the kids and run,  we can't afford for this man to catch on. Midoriya still held the child in his arms and followed the man in the mask into the alleyway along with the other kid. I decided to talk to the other kid for a bit.

"So your name is Akito?"

"..."

"I'm Lemillion."

"Kai says not to talk to strangers."

"I see, but yet we are talking right now aren't we? And I'm no longer a stranger if we know each other's names"

"I don't like heroes. Stop talking to me."

"Oh, why not."

"You guys are just like any villain out there. Only in it for the cash and the fame." He said as he walked faster to catch up to Kai.

Kai then stopped in the alleyway. "Eri, this is the last time I'm going to call you," he said now reaching for his glove.

Then suddenly the boy named Akito had his eyes wide open and Eri ran faster than a marathon runner to catch up to them.

"Good, you caused me a lot of problems today Eri, say goodbye to the heroes. Maybe you'll see them next time. That was so inconsiderate of you to run off and ruin Akito's birthday like that."

And with that, they had left, and I dropped to the floor. Today was October 18th. Tamaki's brother's birthday, and the same day he went missing.

"Happy Birthday Akito, we will rescue you and Eri. I promise that we will get you out of your captives hold."

Edited: ✔