Chapter 14- Fortune Teller

Akito's POV

Neito Monoma, a student from class 1B has asked me and Eri to watch them perform a piece of their show to us before the real thing.

"How was it?"

"It was really good! Can't wait to see it up on the stage!" Eri shouted

With a proud smirk Monoma kept repeating how he expected us to be amazed and how class 1B is always better.

Frankly I couldn't give a damn about his little grudge against class 1A but I got to admit their play seemed good so far.

The decorations and stands we're finished being set up and people started to gather to the booths.

"Let's go to the fortune teller!" I told Eri as she nodded and I grabbed her hand as I ran so I wouldn't lose her to the crowd.

"This is it, let's go inside."

As we walked inside a woman who seemed to be in her 30's told us to sit down on the mats she places in the floor.

"Dear children is it the future you seek?"

"Yes!" We both said

The woman nodded as I handed her some coins.

"Oh no... This fortune is on me I insist, I have children of my own you know and I could never take money from a child."

"Ok, but at least let me treat you to a cotton candy stick!"

"Hm, I could go for one of those."

I activated my quirk and ran to the cotton candy stall and came back.

"You are a fast little one, let's start with your friend first."

She rubbed her crystal ball and then it started to show an image of a daughter playing with her father.

"Your fortune says someone will become the parental figure you always dreamed of."

"That seems like a whacky fortune but thank you lady!" Eri said

The lady nodded

"Me next!" I said enthusiastically

She rubbed her crystal ball again as she hummed a little and then her face was twisted into an expression of worry and sadness.

"Your fortune tells me you will be betrayed by someone you consider dear for their goal is greater than friendship."

"That's some bull crap right? Who would betray me?"

"Don't worry Akito, these things are silly anyways. My fortunes aren't always right so don't think of it much."

Getting up me and Eri walked out.

"Wait out here a minute Akito."

I nodded as Eri went back inside.

Eri's POV
As I went back in the lady looked up to me.

"Your fortune is telling the truth right? Akito will get betrayed?"

"I told you darling it's silly fortunes, pay no mind to it."

"But you knew Akito's name yet he hadn't told you. Your quirk has something to do with fortunes right? So this fortune is true."

Being caught in her lie she nodded.

"How can I keep him safe?" I asked, worried for my friend.

"You can't, fortunes are bound to come true. All you can do is help him overcome it."

Walking out I joined Akito to the next stalls while he had a huge smile on his face, clearly enjoying himself. I want to never see him frown again after he's done so much for me.

I'll do what the lady said and I'll support him and help him overcome whatever is going to happen.

I won't let him down.