chapter 6

Natasha's P.O.V:

I woke up to my alarm ringing. I hate the sound my alarm makes. I know i can change it, but that's the reason i wake up on time every day. I sleep like a baby, this is the only sound that can wake me up other than my mom's yelling at me in the morning.

I checked my phone for any msgs.
Just my normal wake up routine duh!
I went to the washroom to freshen up. Then i went to kitchen to make breakfast. I broke an egg in a bowl mixed some pepper and chili, my mind was filled with thought that once i get married i would have to make a perfect breakfast, just this omelette and tea won't do i would even have to wake up early in the morning even on sundays to make him breakfast. I froze when i remembered abbu's word. His friend had asked for my hand in marriage for his son. How can i forget about this, i'm so careless. It's already been two or three days how long am i going to make them wait.

I proceeded to make breakfast and eat it but this whole time my mind was occupied by the same thought. Should i say yes? I should atleast meet him before answering, this is such an important decision i can't make it without giving it a thorough thought.

When i was done eating i washed the dishes, decided to call abbu, if i delay it again I'm more likely to forget it like this time. I Grabbed my phone from the kitchen counter and dialed his number.

" hello! Assalamualaikum abbu" i greeted
"Walekum assalam beta.. how are you" abbu asked
" I'm fine..how are you?" I asked
"I'm fine too" abbu answered. Now it's time for thereal talk. I coughed," abbu.. i-i was thinking about what you said to me that day" i hesitated a little because we didn't had a very good father and daughter bound, it was just now that he shows affection when i visit them twice or thrice. Before that he was very strict and i feared him alot. No matter how much ' my child, my daughter, i love my child ' he says or hugs me i will still hesitate. It has become a habit of mine.
"About what? Do you want to visit us again?" He asked.
"No no-" i cleared my throat, shit! What were you going to say? You don't want to visit them? That would be so rude.
"I mean.. about .. that.." i can't stutter now, or I'll get him angry " you told me about your friend who asked for my hand in marriage for his s-son" i completed without stuttering, didn't i?
" yes yes i was waiting for you to tell me . So, should i say yes to them?" He asked.
" haan?? Nahi nahi.. i mean i was thinking if i can see the guy once or maybe talk to him before" at this moment i was regretting calling my father, aren't these topics to be talked with the ladies of the family . And here i was talking about it with my father.
" i know him, i have met him, he's a nice guy, they are rich, but if still you want to meet him once i would try to arrange a meeting for you both". He agreed, i wasn't expecting it to go this smoothly.
" okay thank you abbu!.. well, i have to get ready for college i'll talk to-" " yeah yeah bete.. go study, take care of yourself, Allah hafiz" he cut me, what's with this desi dads always rushing to hang up? " bye Alla-" *beep*.
" phew! Ye bhi theek hai" i shake my head at his behavior.

I decided to finally get ready after watching a random video of a man making a miniature house with just matchsticks. Everything becomes interesting when you have work left to do.
I have been standing infront of my wardrobe for past 10 min and haven't decided yet what to wear. After struggling 5 more minutes i finally decided to wear a light blue long shirt on a greyish denim jeans and white hijab with blue triangle patterns on it.
I got ready locked the door and went to bus stop.

I was standing at the stop. When i saw the same black Mercedes coming towards me and stopped right in front of me.
The one driving it was none other than Ayaan. He rolled down his window and i looked away and turned to other side.
" i can give you a ride...if you want to. Come fast" he said, i don't know why does he even do that now?.
I didn't turn back.
"I guess you have become deaf after i left you" he said trying to earn a cool comeback from me.
I turned back and looked at him " are you dying to talk to me?" I asked raising a brow to which he gave a satisfied smile. He didn't say anything " i guess you are the deaf one here. And also don't have self respect " there was more to say but i shut my mouth as i felt anger rising inside me.
" i know you are getting angry again... but the offer is still valid wanna come?" He asked looking at me. "So, you know i am angry at you, but still have no shame and are here offering me a ride, could you please stop now? And why the hell are you even offering a ride to me?" I blurted out in frustration and anger i have been holding inside me. " you know what. I deny your offer, go now" i said looking at him. Waiting for him to start his car and drive off but he is still here looking into my eyes. I broke the eye contact " go, will you?" I asked him again. He drove away.
I looked as his car kept going far and far and then out of my sight.
I felt pain in my heart as he was out of my sight. Though he was getting on my nerve, now i was missing his presence.