chapter 11

Hello, Assalamualaikum!
Dear readers please do let me know your thought about this story.
I wanted to remind you to vote and comment(if you like the story).
It's my first book, i am looking forward to know if you all are liking it or not.(not bad comments please, mera dil kamzor hai thoda😓).

Have fun reading:))

It has been already three days since i last met Ayaan. He hasn't come to university after our last talk.

I was waiting for my bus at the bus stop  after university. I take out my phone from my bag and check for any messages. I thought no one had texted me today because it didn't make any sound whole day. My pupils dilated when i saw 3 missed calls from Abbu and 6 missed calls from Zara.
I got scared seeing this many missed call.
I checked my phone why it didn't ring. I saw it was on silent mode. I had put it on silent mode because i was getting distracted by the notifications during making my assignment. How can i forget to put it on normal mode again?  I changed the setting without wasting any time, I must have worried them.
As soon as i entered the apartment i dialed Zara's number. I can't call abbu first, i have to come up with a better excuse according to the situation.
She picked up.
Me: " hello Zara?"
Zara: " hello Appi  Assalamualaikum"
Me: "Walekumassalam"
Zara: " appi abbu and i called you many times, why didn't you pick up?"
Me: "i had put my phone on silent
         mode, and forgot to change setting
         again"
Zara: " do you have any idea how
          worried you made everyone".
Me: " i know.. I'm sorry, was abbu angry
        at me".
Zara: " angry? He was more worried
         than angry. He kept telling me to
         call and check if you pick up every
         10 mins".
Me: " should i call him right now?, what
         do you think?"
Zara: " of course,he wouldn't get angry
          now, i guess."
Me: " okay then I'll call you later."
Zara: " okay. Bye Allah hafiz"
Me: " bye Allah hafiz"

I cut the call. And called abbu right away.
Me: " Assalamualaikum abbu"
Abbu: " Walekumassalam beta.. how
           are you?"
Me: " im am good Alhumdulillah.. what
            about you?"
Abbu: " I'm fine too.. i have been trying
            to call you.. why didn't you pick
            up?"
By the tone he is talking to me it seems like he isn't angry anymore.
Me: " i think there is some problem
         Even Zara  and some other friends
         Have missed call me many time
         today, my phone didn't ring.
Abbu: " i know you must have forgotten
           to take your phone with you
           today or put it on silent and
           forget about it. Check again i
           know there's is nothing wrong
           with your phone. You all young
           people are just too careless
           nowadays and only make excuse
           when things go wrong."

I didn't have any idea it would trigger abbu. It was as i had pressed a angry  button on him. By his voice i could tell he has turned into a red hulk.

Me: " okay abbu.. i will be more careful
        from the next time"
Abbu: " you better be,  it won't benefit
          me if you bring your phone with
          you or pay more attention to your
          surroundings. You are there
         alone, i am saying it out of concern
         but you think i scold you."

Everything was going fine, but no you have to act like you are the most innocent person alive, you lied now get reward for your mistake.
I am a human too i have a right to forget about things.
I was cursing myself when out of the blue he stopped his rant.
"Did you eat dinner" he asked after scolding me 15 min to which i just hummed.
"No i haven't even cooked dinner yet" i told him. I don't have guts to lie again.
Plus i told him that i didn't cook yet to make him cut the call.
He had calmed down now "Why haven't you had dinner yet" he asked.
"I called you the moment i entered apartment..i didn't get the time to cook"I told him the truth again to make him feel bad about scolding me for this much.
"Oh.. then I'll cut the call. order something it has already gotten late. But be carefuland only open the door after the deliveryguy has left." He suggested. " yes i should do that.. I'll be careful.." i agreed.
"Okay Allah Hafiz" abbu said.
"Hm Allah hafiz" i said and he hanged up.

A YEAR LATER-

I was filling a application form for a job in a company.
I heard a knock on the door. Ammi came with a tray in her hand.
"Here eat this before working. I want to see this empty when i come later" she said setting the tray filled with apple slices and food on table.
" I'll be done in 5 mins then I'll eat it".i said not bothering to look away from laptop.
" are you free after this, today?" Ammi asked sitting on the bed beside me.  frowning  i looked away from the laptop and tried to think if i have any work left.
I shake my head in a no. "Nahi shayad, kyun?" (no i guess, why?) I asked her.
" i was think if we could go for shopping.. we haven't prepared anything for your wedding yet" she said, i am getting married in two months with umar.
We have just started shopping.
"Yeah i am free.. tell me the time.. I'll get ready by then" i asked.
" 4pm?" She asked."okay" i replied.
"Okay then complete your work. I should also go and ask your abbu to get ready by then.
She stood up and left the room.

After i graduated i came back to my family... it's been four months already.
I don't talk to Umar much. Just somethimes when we have any gatherings or shopping.
We don't text eachother everyday or call or facetime nothing.

I was done filling the form. Submitted it and went to washroom to freshen up.
I headed downstairs for lunch.
Everybody was already present there.
I sat on my chair.
We started digging in. After some time Abbu asked " did you guys call umar too". "No abbu, should we?" I asked.
It seems like he just asked randomly as how he shrugged his shoulders " whatever you feel like" he said.  'Okay then,I won't call him' i thought.
He doesn't seem to like shopping much.
It's not fun if you have to shop with a person whom you have to think about before going inside every showroom. What if he thinks I'm shoping too much?
What if he judges my taste in things?

When we were done we went to our respective rooms to get ready.
I started wearing abaya after i came here.
I wore a maroon abaya with light pink hijab.
Then we all gathering in lawn. And abbu went to take car outside of the garage.
We too came out of the house when we heard a honk of the car.
Ammi was locking the house. And we started sitting in the car.
When she locked she came and sat on the front passenger seat. The ride was silent because Abbu doesn't like it when we talk in the car.
Sometimes i was looking at my phone, Sometimes outside the window.

Zara poked her finger on my leg. I looked at her scowling.
She pointed towards an uncle who was so fat, that he wouldn't fit in single sofa.
He was riding bike very smoothly, we were looking at him in curiosity. How does he manage to keep the balance?.
I looked at zara and she looked at me in impressed. " Pfft" We both put our hands on our mouth supressing our laughs.

Soon we reached market. We get off the car, we were waiting for Abbu to come after parking the car. I saw some men in black suit beside our car. Then a man in blue torso came out of the car.
I was distracted by a voice "Appi! ammi is saying that we should go Abbu will come".
"Okay" i said and started walking away with them.
We were standing outside a  dress showroom. When Abbu reached us. We entered...
I choose 4 dresses to try. Made Zara grab them for me and went inside trial room. I tried all of them one after another and not even a single one looked good on me.
We didn't buy anything from that showroom. I was embarrassed as i came out of the showroom after 1 hour that too without buying anything.

                           ~~~

We returned home tired. My back was hurting as if someone has hit me with hammer on the back.
I laid on the couch on my stomach as i had no energy left.
"What is this Natasha? Atleast remove your abaya" Zara complained. I didn't respond to her and kept laying down.
We didn't buy anything in particular today. Just few small things,
a make up kit and ordered a dress for  haldi.

After some time it was time to cook dinner.
I was helping in the kitchen.
I called Zara. And asked her to call Abbu for dinner and then help with the dining table.

She did as i said.
We ate dinner silently. There were few talks to which i didn't pay much attention as i was busy thinking about the people in parking area. They somehow got my attention that time, i want to see who that man was with them.

To every reader- I loveee youuu thanks for reading it till here, it means alot 🥺❤.
I wanted to inform you all that there will be either no or very few updates till last week of November due to my upcoming exams.😖🥴. Exam sucks!!😭

Till then, Allah Hafiz, Sayonara~👋❤.