Melvin Moody (2)

The local diner was packed with kids. I loved hanging with Shelley and Kathy, they knew how to keep me in good spirits and keep my mind away from all the troubles that had been worrying me lately. Well, that was until I noticed Melvin Moody and his cronies approaching.

His heated gaze on me sent shivers down my spine.

"Hey ladies," he greeted, his friends either waved or winked. 

I looked up at his perfectly sculpted face, not saying a word. I was afraid if I said anything he'd want to take my lunch money again. I knew it was partially bad to feel attracted to a bully.

Moody looked me up and down with his usual cheeky grin that plastered his face. "How about I take you out to the movies tonight?" He asked suddenly, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Is that a joke?" I replied unsurely. It was the last thing I ever expected him to say to me.

"Don't make me change my mind" he rolled his eyes. "Yes!" I couldn't help myself at the moment.

"See you around babe" he winked before walking off with his friends.

I turned to Shelley. "What have I done? You have a crush on him too," I felt like I had taken her place. Instead of hating me, Shelley smiled. "Y/n please, go and have fun! Or at least try to. Just mind he doesn't take your coins," her response made me sigh in relief.

---

Moody was supposed to arrive at my house at seven but at seven-thirty, I was still waiting on the steps. Just when I was about to give up hope, he pulled up on a vaguely familiar motorcycle. "Uh, isn't that Ricky Linderman's bike?" I asked curiously.

"No" he lied and I foolishly believed him. Nonetheless, I hopped on the back and he drove us to the movie theatre.

I snuggled up against him as we sat at the back. His arm draped around my shoulders and I felt oddly secure. When the movie ended an hour or so later, we went for a walk around the park holding hands.

"Why do you bully people like Clifford for money?" I asked eagerly. 

"It's fun" he shrugged.

His answer made me shake my head in disappointment.

"You know, more people would respect you if you treated them nicely. Why do you want people to fear you?" I replied.

"Because...Because it's what I'm used to," he rubbed the back of his neck. I felt there was more to Moody than what meets the eye but I decided to leave it at that, at least for the night.

I took it upon myself to place a small kiss on his cheek.

He smiled but it didn't seem like his usual, sarcastic smile. It seemed...Genuine?

Moody looked me deep in the eyes before pulling me in for a fiery yet sweet kiss.

"Mmm," he hummed in satisfaction before we strolled around together, making the most of the so-called date.

On the drive back home, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and what it potentially meant.

"You're actually really cute Y/n," he said as I climbed off the back of the motorcycle once we parked up outside my house.

"You're actually really nice...When you want to be. No more bullying okay?" I replied, kissing his head.

"Hmm we'll see," he remarked, a glint in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes playfully but deep down, I felt there was hope for him.