New Team

Each time Korra believed things got better, the universe only proved her wrong. If it wasn't the constant battle of her own sexuality, then it was just life in general kicking her ass. At least she still had sports and her friends to keep her sane. With the first day of school approaching once again, she was ecstatic to go back. Sitting on her bed she spoke to herself, "I can't believe it's senior year, what the actual fuck".
How did time manage to fly so quickly? But at this moment none of that mattered as she had to get ready for cross country practice.
After gathering herself and all her things, Korra screamed from the front door, "Coach is going to kill me, I'm late already" "Mommmm please let's go"

"Well you wouldnt be in such a rush if you knew how to manage your time" Senna responded

Korra wanted to say that it wasn't true, but she knew that she'd be lying to herself.
After being dropped off by her mom, Korra's annoyance started to melt away. Finally something she could control, nobody could take away running from her. With that thought, she began lacing her shoes and was surprised by a shadow that wasn't hers.
Instantly recognizing  its slim yet curvy figure, one that she had seen even in her dreams, one that she'd imagine herself pressed against, one that she-

"KORRA" Asami screamed at the top of her lungs

Snapping out of her daze, "oh, hey Asami"

"What where you thinking of, bud? You looked a little occupied there, on the floor, even though your shoes were already tied?"

Korra reluctantly replied "oh nothing, I just zoned out" Asami not believing her one bit, she confidently said "if I didn't know any better, you were thinking about someone" after wiggling her eyebrows up and down, korra only managed to huff out a "no"

"Well I'm not buying it one bit. but that doesn't matter right now, practice is about to start" and with that Asami pulled Korra to her feet and they both headed towards the track.

As soon as they reached the track, they were pleased to see that Mako, Opal, Bolin, and Kuvira were already there. They also saw the new underclassmen on the line. After mingling with their friends for a bit, Coach Beifong immediately started practice. "Okay kids, as you know we've been champs for the last 3 years and that is due to you all's hard work. Being that season is about to start once again, I have some new recruits here. So please, be nice to the new underclassmen"
"Don't worry Coach Beifong, we will take good care of them" Mako responded

"Yeah don't worry Coach we will definitely give these recruits the Republic High experience" as funny as that was to everyone else, Coach Beifong only managed to give Kuvira a glare.

Everyone soon learned that the new underclassmen Jinora and Kai were actually pretty cool and talented, so they naturally fit in. With the team bonding so well already, Coach Beifong had no doubt in her mind that they'd find success once again.

So that is the end of ch1. This is my first story ever so I'm not quite sure what to make of it, I want to make Korrasami end game, but a lot of this fic has a lot of details that relate to my own life, so I'm my case me and my crush aren't end game... so idk what to do. Let me know what improvements I can do or what y'all want to see!
Btw I'm in 12th grade and in cross country and soccer and I like to run, draw, and read books for fun.