Back to business

Now that Korra and her dad were on good terms, her heart was much more at peace. For the most part at least. What still was on her mind was Asami not at all mentioning her soon to be relationship with Mako. She felt a bit betrayed and some other emotion she couldn't quite put her finger on. But she wasn't going to press on it too much as the first meet of the season was just a few days away. Going back to her usual routine of school and practice was easy, what wasn't easy was now having to see Mako everywhere Asami was. Before, it was just Korra and Asami who would eat lunch together but now it was the three of them. Luckily today Bolín tagged along and made Korra feel like less of a third wheel. Half of the time Mako and Asami were just canoodling, so it really didn't matter what her a Bolin talked about.
"Wait Korra... let me get this straight, you wouldn't try sardines on pizza"
"No Bolin why the hell would I do that"
"Well I thought because you're from Alaska, you like fish on everything"
"Well you're wrong. Anyways Bo, can I ask you for some advice?"
"Suuuuure go ahead"
"Okay... so what would you do if hypothetically speaking you liked someone who was already taken?"
"Hmmm.... Good question. See what I would do is wait until the right time and confess"
"And when do I know it's the right time"
"You don't, it just happens" Bolin affirmed.
"Okay I'll take that into consideration"
Korra thought to herself "well shit, I'm screwed"
After lunch was over, the rest of her classes felt like a drag. Just a bunch of stuff that didn't matter to her as she was trying to make it as a D1 runner. What was on her mind was the cross country meet that was on Saturday. Being that it was already Friday, her time was up and tomorrow scouts would be at the meet trying to see whether the hype around Korra was true or not. Korra could run a 5k in under twenty minutes which was impressive to say the least, but tomorrow's line up was stacked. The other girls in her heat could run about the same or even faster if they wanted to, so Korra couldn't be too over confident. But her goal was to come in first and that would require Asami's help as she was always there to pace her in the beginning of the race. Yet Korra wasn't all too sure of Asami's head was in the game as much as Korra's was. To Korra running was her life and this was her big shot to make her dreams come true and she was not about to let Mako get in the way.