Going back in time

Korra's POV:
I love practice. Especially because after practice, I always feel great. All the weight I carry just goes away and it makes me feel 1000 times lighter, yet today I can't shake the melancholic feeling that is swarmed around my heart.
A two weeks ago, I decided to come out to my dad and well... that didn't end well at all. He couldn't even look at me and when I asked him to "say something... anything", all he could say is "why is God giving me so many obstacles". If I truly didn't love my dad, I would've beat his ass then and there. He isn't even religious which always makes me laugh when I think of his frivolous plea to God. But
even if I think I'm taking it well, I'm not. Whenever I see my dad, I'm reminded of all the times he called me his "little girl" and all the hugs he gave me. We used to be so close, but now we walk past each other like strangers, shit who can blame me.
My mom, the sweet woman she is, is accepting but she doesn't really want to talk to my dad as she doesn't like confrontation. At this point neither of my parents understand me and they probably just think I'm crazy.
Thank God for Asami Sato. She's been there for me the entire time, and now that I think I may like her, I just don't know what to do. We've been friends since eight grade and now all of a sudden I crush on her. What the actual fuck. Plus, she's not even gay so I'm just wasting my time crushing over a girl who will never like me the way I like her. My heart aches because my dad can't accept the fact that I like women and my heart also aches because I have fallen for someone who can never love me back.
All I can do is pretend like nothing is wrong and push through until I go to college. After that it'll only be me, myself, and I. Korra alone, but healing. I crave to leave everyone and everything behind, yet there's a certain beauty that I don't think I could leave behind. After all how could I leave my friend.