How You Meet (Zuko, Katara, Sokka)

Zuko - You and Zuko had been friends for as long as you could remember. You first met at the school you both attended. You hadn't been one to make friends, but something had attracted to the dark haired prince. It wasn't the same for him, though, at least at first. You got the feeling you were more of a bother to him than anything else. You started to grow on him, though, and eventually he actually started looking forward to the times when you would come up to him to talk or just hang out.

Katara - It was a snowy day in the water tribe, and you were just making a snowman when you saw a dark haired girl waterbending. You had seen waterbending before, but as a non-bender, it never failed to amaze you. You were watching her when she caught your eye. You looked away quickly, not wanting to get caught staring, and continued to make your snowman. You bent down to pick up some snow to add to your snowman, and when you looked up the waterbending girl was standing there.

"Hi, I'm Katara," she said.

You introduced yourself, not knowing that that simple introduction was the start of what would be a long friendship.

Sokka - You met Sokka after you ran off from your home. You ran off after getting jealous of seeing your older sister waterbend. You weren't able to bend, and it seemed, to you, at least, that you were always the least favourite because of it.

You ran off to a cliff overlooking the ocean, and sat down at the edge of it. You had only been there a few minutes when you heard someone walking up behind you. You turned around to see a boy with dark hair standing there.

"You OK?" He asked.

"No," you said. "Not really."

He came over and sat next to you. "What's wrong?"

You hesitated, unsure if you should tell this random boy what was really going on.

You looked at him, and after seeing the kindness in his eyes, you decided to.

"I always feel like my sister's the favourite, since she's a waterbender. Everyone always seems to like her better."

"It's kind of the same with me." My sister can bend, but I've never been able to."

"Oh," you said. "That makes me feel a bit better." You stopped, considering what you'd just said. "I mean, that sucks. I just meant-"

He cut you off with a smile. "Don't worry, I get what you mean. I'm glad I made you feel a bit better."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Would you want to walk back with me?"

"Sure," you said, standing up and brushing the snow off your pants.

You both walked back, each of you feeling better than you had before."