Confessing Feelings (Katara)

You'd had a crush on Katara for a while, and it was hard to try to act normal around her. You knew everyone except Katara knew you had a crush on her. At least, you hoped Katara didn't know.

Sometimes you felt like Katara liked you, but you could never tell if she was being flirty or just friendly.

There were times when you'd told her a joke and she'd laughed and wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

There were also compliments, like when she told you how pretty you were, but that could've also just been her being friendly. Girls told each other compliments all the time.

Eventually, you decided the only way to know whether Katara liked you or not was to tell her your feelings.

You waited until she was alone and walked up behind her, sitting down next to her.

"Hey, Katara."

"Hey Y/N! How are you?"

"I'm doing okay. I actually just came over to tell you something."

She smiled. "What is it?"

I just...I just wanted to tell you that I like you. I like your hair loopies and the way you're not great at telling jokes."

You saw her blush as she leaned in, pressing her lips against yours as your eyes closed slowly.

Kissing Katara was everything you'd hoped it would be and more, because it was real.

You pulled away from each other and smiled. You lay your head on her shoulder and she kissed the side of your head.

"I like you too, Y/N."

You smiled. "I'm glad."

You both stayed there for a bit, watching the sky turn dark as night fell around you.