How You Meet (Bolin)

You were running through town, trying to get to your house before your mother yelled at you for being late to take care of your little brother.

You must not have been watching where you were going, because the next thing you knew you had bumped into someone and were on the ground.

You grabbed the hand that was extended to you. "I'm sorry," you said, pulling yourself up. "I really should watch where-" You looked up, only to see Bolin from the Fire Ferrets.

"Oh my god!" You exclaimed. "You're Bolin! From the Fire Ferrets!"

Bolin grinned and rubbed the back of his neck with a hand. "That's me," he said, sounding somewhat proud.

"I love you guys! I watch you all the time! Your bending is so good," you gushed.

"Thanks," Bolin said, still smiling, this time in what looked like amusement.

"And it's so cool you have Avatar Korra on your team, her bending's amazing."

"Yeah, she's pretty great."

You suddenly realized that you had been gushing to Bolin for a while, and felt a wave of embarrassment wash over you.

"Sorry for gushing, I just love your team."

"That's alright. Always glad to talk to a fan," Bolin said, flashing you another grin.

Bolin was cuter up close, you thought. You'd always seen him from the stands and thought he was cute, but never from up close.

Suddenly, his voice broke you out of your thoughts.

"Are you a bender?"

You looked down at your feet. "I wish. It looks so cool, it's why I've always loved watching pro-bending."

"It's pretty cool," Bolin said. "You know, I could take you backstage to our next game." He paused, then added, "If you'd want to go.

"Are you kidding? I'd love to go, that would be so cool!"

"Awesome," Bolin said. "I'll pick you up before our next game. Where do you live?"

You told him where you lived, already looking forward to seeing him again.

"Okay, cool. I'm looking forward to seeing you again," he said with a smile.

You suddenly remembered why you had bumped into Bolin in the first place. You had been running to babysit your brother.

"Shoot, I gotta go! I have to babysit my brother tonight and I'm already running late. I'm looking forward to seeing you again too though!" You shouted back to Bolin, as you started off down the street towards your house.

Bolin looked on after you as you ran down the busy streets, a smile on his face. He was looking forward to his next game more than ever now, since it would mean he would get to see you again.