Enemies (Korra)

It wasn't that you hated Korra. Quite the opposite, actually. It was mostly just that you didn't know how to deal with your feelings for her.

You hoped that was the case for Korra too, but you doubted it.

You walked over to your best friend, Mako, and sat down next to him. You could feel someone watching you and when you looked over you saw it was Korra. You knew she had a history with Mako, and you bet that she was jealous of you.

The thought sent a pant through your chest. You wished she was jealous of Mako instead, for being close to you. In other words, you wished Korra felt the same for you as you did for her.

"Korra's looking at you," Mako said, causing you to look away from Korra.

"I know," you said.

"That's a good thing, isn't it?

You wrapped your arms around your knees. "I think she's just jealous of me. She still has feelings for you."

"I'm pretty sure you're the only one she has feelings for.

"She ignores me every chance she gets. How do you think she likes me?"

"You ignore her too."

"That's not the same. I-I just don't know how to deal with my feelings for her."

"Your feelings for who?" You heard Bolin ask from behind you.

"No one," you said quickly.

"Korra," Mako said.

You scowled at Mako.

"What?" He asked.

"You like Korra?" Bolin asked, his face a look of surprise. "I thought you hated her."

"I don't," you said.

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

"What do you mean?"

"You have to tell her you like her!"

"I can't."

"She likes you," he said.

Your eyes widened. "How do you know?"

"She told me."

"Oh," you said. "I still can't tell her."

"Okay. Korra, Y/N likes you!" He shouted.

"Bolin!" You hissed.

"What? You were never gonna say it."

You buried your face in your hands as you saw Korra walking over.

"You like me?" Korra asked once she reached you.

You took your head off your hands, and your eyes met her blue ones. "Yeah," you said. "Sorry, I know you don't like me and-"

"I do like you," Korra interrupted you.

You looked up in surprise. "You do?"

"Yeah. I actually thought you didn't like me. That's why I always avoided you."

"Oh," you said, a smile growing on your face.

Korra sat next to you and wrapped an arm around you. "I'm glad I finally told you."

"Yeah," you said. "Me too."