Protective (Aang)

A/N: Aang is your best friend in this imagine

You were lucky to have Aang as your best friend. The only thing about him was that he was incredibly protective over you. You'd seen his protectiveness a lot over the years, but never as much as when you started dating Zuko.

You could understand why you dating Zuko worried him, Zuko had tried to attack him every chance he got. But still, along with mostly everyone else in the Gaang, you believed Zuko had changed for the better.

Aang clearly didn't see this change in him, though. He seemed to believe that, given the chance, Zuko would hurt you like he had tried so desperately to hurt Aang.

~

You were sitting at the campfire next to Zuko, while the rest of the Gaang talked around you. You lay your head on his shoulder, starting to feel sleepy.

You could feel someone watching you, and when you looked up you saw Aang glaring at you both, or, more likely, glaring at Zuko.

"Stop it," you mouthed to him.

"No," he mouthed back.

You sighed then looked away.

"Aang still doesn't like me," Zuko said.

"That's not true."

"Yes, it is."

"He's just adjusting to you being in the Gaang now."

"I can tell he doesn't like me, Y/N. You don't need to lie to protect my feelings."

Leave it to Zuko to know when you were lying.

"Okay, maybe he doesn't like you right now, but he'll get used to you. And I'll talk to him."

"You don't need to do that, Y/N."

"Yes, I do. I want him to like you."

You stood up and walked over to where Aang was sitting and sat next to him. "If you keep doing that, your face is gonna stay that way," you teased, referring to how he was still glaring at Zuko.

He looked at you. "Not funny, Y/N."

"I don't know, I thought it was pretty funny."

"I don't like you being with him."

"Last time I checked, you didn't get to decide who I did and didn't date."

"Have you forgotten how many times he's gone after us?"

"No, I haven't. But he's changed. Have you forgotten how many times he's helped us when we needed it?"

"That doesn't mean he's changed."

"What does it mean, then?"

"It means that he's just acting like he's on our side."

You rolled your eyes. "You're being ridiculous."

"I'm just trying to protect you."

"I don't need you to protect me, Aang," you said, before going back and sitting next to Zuko for the rest of the night.

~

That night, you were having some trouble sleeping and got up to go sit by the river. On the way to the river, though, you heard voices that sounded like Aang and Zuko. You hid behind a bush and listened, wanting to know what they were talking about at this time of night.

"You have to promise me you won't hurt her."

"I promise I won't hurt her."

"Good. Because if you hurt her, we're going to have a problem."

"I won't hurt her."

"Okay." You heard them get up and you ran back to the camp and lay down again, hoping that they didn't see you.

You hoped that after that talk they had, that Aang and Zuko would start to get along, or at least tolerate each other.