Another Confessing Feelings Imagine (Katara)

A/N: Drawing I made of Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series. (If you like it feel free to follow me on instagram: crea.tivecait :)

You sat on the sand at the water's edge, watching the waves as they crashed against the shore/ You'd always liked sitting by the water at night; there was just something peaceful about it. This night was no different.

You hadn't even known Katara was there until she plopped down on the sand next to you, making you jump a little.

"Boo" she said, a smile working it's way across her face.

You shoved her playfully. "I would've thought you'd be in bed by now."

"Nah, I'm a night owl."

You scoffed. "You, a night owl? You're in bed by 8 on a good day."

She laughed. "Fine, but 8 is late for your information."

"For a grandma, maybe,"

"What are you doing up, anyway? It's late, even for you."

"I just couldn't sleep. Too many thoughts."

"Care to let me in on them?"

You hesitated. Normally, you would, but you didn't see how you could this time, considering the majority of them were about her.

She looked away. "It's okay if you don't want to."

"It's not that, it's just...gah."

"Just what?"

"Nothing, it's fine."

It was quiet then, the only sound the crashing of the waves against the shore and Sokka snoring in his tent somewhere behind you.

"Sokka's loud." you joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Katara smiled a little. "He is, isn't he?"

It was quiet again, the silence creating a tension between the two of you.

"Katara"

She turned to face you, her blue eyes wide. "Yes?"

"I didn't tell you my thoughts because..." You took a deep breath. "Because they were all about you. I hated seeing you with Jet today, seeing the chemistry between you too, the way you looked at him...It's how I always wished you would look at me. And-"

Katara cut you off, her lips pressed to yours. The last thing you saw before you eyes instinctively closed was her closed eyes as she kissed you.

Eventually, she pulled away and looked at you, her face serious. "I always look at you." She reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "You're the only one I ever notice."

"But...what about Jet?"

She smiled a little. "I was trying to make you jealous, silly. Clearly it worked."

"Yeah," you said. "I guess it did."

"It's always been you, though. Always."