The Ghost of the Past: A Very Short Thank You Special

The sky is still dark with only the moon up in the sky. The big hand of the clock inside a two-storey house somewhere out of the city is pointing at 12 while its small hand is still pointing at the numeral 4.

It's dawn, yet the said house is fully lit and full of laughter and excitement. The front lawn of the beautiful two-storey house has been revamped for the day's occasion. And beside the said house, its neighboring house is also fully lit. Many people are going to and fro from the lawn and to its neighboring house which is brighter than the revamped lawn.

As people walk to and fro from the gate connecting the two houses, a small being can be seen flying in a fast pace to the beautiful house across the forest. His golden light didn't stop moving until he arrived at the back garden of the house.

"I am here!" Earth squealed as he let himself dropped on a dwarf sunflower that was eagerly waiting for his arrival, the plant swaying him again and again in response to his giddy emotions.

Someone softly chuckled and crouched down on his level. "You are here and you left Kao behind." Fluke murmured, a grin plastered on his face. There's a huff behind them, another small being flying through and stopping on Fluke's shoulder.

"You would think he is getting married again with how excited he is and how he zoomed past here." Kao grumbled, ignoring Earth's indignant huff on his words. "What? You did that back then too, did you not remember?"

Fluke did not stop himself from laughing because back then during Kao's and Earth's wedding, Earth went to him as an excited and eager soon-to-be-wed-fairy. With his excitement and eagerness, he even left his soon-to-be-spouse behind as he announced to Fluke that they were getting married and "It is regrettable that we cannot invite you back home. If only they had agreed when I suggested to have the wedding here!" "You can't do that, Earth. It is your people's tradition to have that kind of wedding. It is a sacred wedding for your kind and I wouldn't want you to break that for me! You and Kao can always visit us when you are finally allowed to go though! I cannot wait for you to say you and Kao are finally one! Remember when you used to tell me Kao is your—Ah—you are turning pink."

Suddenly, a chuckle came behind them and an arm encircled around Fluke's waist. Ohm pulled Fluke close as he agreed to Kao's statement. "We were there, I can testify." Ohm stated, teasing the small fairy who is starting to get pink.

"Alright, alright, no more teasing my old friend!" Fluke exclaimed, saving Earth from further embarrassment. "Thank you for coming, the both of you." He added softly, eyes twinkling in happiness.

The fairies brightened up at his thanks and hovered in front of Fluke and Ohm. With a glance and a nod, they laced their hand and lift it up. As one, they said to the couple "May you always find happiness with each other and may you always protect the love you share, the love you have. May you overcome all the hardships in life together as one and as a family. Lift each other up, be each other's light, each other's comfort, each other's love, each other's security. We are your witness for the love and trust you have for each other. May the love and trust you have for each other get strengthen and will never break. With this, we are bestowing Ohm and Fluke our blessing."

The two humans stayed still, their arms around each other as they accepted the blessing of the two fairies in front of them with gentle smiles on their faces.

Fluke leaned on Ohm's shoulder, eyes getting glassy as he watched the friend who has always been there since he woke up in this world of the living as a ghost. The friend who have been giving him the company he didn't think he needed. The friend who thought lowly of himself, the friend who also took comfort from his presence—

Fluke looked up to the balcony they had added on the second floor to relax while looking at the forest, Boun is there, a gentle smile on his face as he watched Kao and Earth giving them their blessing. When he saw Fluke glancing up at him, he lifted both his hands and mimicked the fairies giving him his blessings while grinning brightly at him.