Chapter IV

"Sorry, excuse us." Ohm said to his team as he encircled his arm around Fluke's shoulder, dragging him out of their way. "I told you to stay away from here, didn't I? There are debris and equipments around. And everyone is busy with their work, you might get hurt. They can't easily spot you, you know."

"I am sorry, Ohm. I just can't really help but fidget around. It must have something to do with myㅡyour room. I don't really know why." Fluke replied, shaking his hands together as he kept on glancing back to the place where Ohm's team is working.

Ohm stared at him for a while before he hold Fluke's hand and put it on his arm. "I'll let you stay here then, as long as you keep holding onto my arm. This way, even if I was talking to others and busy overseeing them work, I can still feel you are beside me and not walking away from me."

Fluke furrowed his brows, making a face when he heard that but obediently followed Ohm's order ㅡ to not inconvenience him and his team.

-

Their team arrived three weeks ago and have started the renovation right after. They started dismantling outsideㅡ on the gate, on the perimeter of the house, before going inside the area. Now, it's time for the renovation of the house.

As of the moment, the ceiling is being dismantled and is being overseen by Ohm. While Boun is busy downstairs with another set of people that he has to lead and to oversee.

Through all of this, both Ohm and Boun have noticed that Fluke has been unconsciously going upstairs even when he was briefed by them to stay with Boun downstairs.

In fact, he was with Boun earlier, who was guarding him, but he slipped away as soon as Boun was called by his team.

It's not Fluke's fault. He didn't even notice he was already upstairs and on his way to the busy section if not for Ohm calling for him, waking him up from his daze.

"Time for lunch, left Fluke with me, Ohm. You and your team should go downstairs and eat. My team is already eating as we speak." Boun suddenly appeared behind them, tapping them on the shoulder as he shouted for the others to go downstairs to eat.

"Then, Fluke should eat too." Ohm worriedly said.

But Boun shook his head and answered for Fluke, "I promised him earlier that I will accompany him. Said he needs my help for something. Go, I can handle this."

"You sure?" Ohm asked, reluctant to go down and leave them.

"It's alright. I will call for you if Boun couldn't do it." Fluke butted in, assuring Ohm who finally agreed and go downstairs to eat.

Boun rolled his eyes when Ohm was gone and commented, "You made my friend overprotective of you. Good job." He added, chuckling.

Fluke only gave him a confused look, "What do you mean? Boun should really talk in a simple language to me next time. You sound like Boston now." Fluke mumbled as they walked towards the room.

The person accompanying Fluke looked affronted as he exclaimed, "Are you telling me, I look like an old man? For your information, I am still turning 28 a few months from now!?"

"No, but I am certain you called yourself an old man." Fluke answered, laughing.

Entering the room, Boun maneuvered Fluke on where it's safe since the room that was full of furnitures was replaced by debris and equipments. The ceiling was opened and the roof was taken, letting the daylight inside the room and the sky to be seen. It's very bright inside so it's easy to maneuver a clumsy person named Fluke.

Boun kept on walking until Fluke told him to stop.

"Here, it's here somewhere, Boun." Fluke murmured, crouching on the floor. Before Boun can tell him they need a crowbar first, Fluke was already tapping the floor with his shoes, instinctively looking for the place where the wood creaks. When he found it, he hastily kneeled and feel the uneven surface with his hand, there he found it portruding between the wooden floor and pulled it up. "Amazing, my feeling was right." Fluke said, astounded with his discovery.