I

CHAPTER I

It's almost dawn.

Fluke's translucent figure has been hovering on his guests' bed for a while now, disappearing in one room and appearing in the other. "It's almost daylight, should I cook for them? Wait. I don't even know if I knew how to cook. Isn't this how I should act around guests? But I only know one guest and he doesn't need any attention from me." Fluke mumbled to himself, eyes fleeting from the bed to the other corner where the other room is.

Two, three, four hours have passed and both guests are still sleeping.

The sun has already risen up. Someone even arrived when they were still sleeping.

That someone couldn't get through the gate at first because it is locked. Not knowing what to do, he tried calling the owner but someone stopped him.

"Here, I brought the keys from Boun's pants. I don't know what key to open the gate though."

"Thank you, Sir."

"You are such an old man." Fluke grumbled, his usual reply when the other calls him 'Sir'. He waits for the caretaker to give him back the keys so he can put it back in Boun's pants (secretly).

"I am old. And what should I tell them if I got asked by the Madam's grandson how I entered the house?"

"You have a spare key! That-that-uh, nevermind. You entered through the back door! That's true though you only knew about it because I told you that we have one."

Shaking his head, the caretaker finally was able to open the gate and give they keys back to Fluke who immediately disappeared. When he reappeared, he asked him "How long till they wake up? I have chores to do, not just to follow them around the whole day."

Fluke pursed his lips as he thinks back about last night. "Hmm, they arrived here almost midnight, Earth already went home that time. I think, they might not wake up till the sun is already up and high, Boston. It's still almost sunrise now. And I pulled down the curtains so they can sleep well without the, uh, what's the word? Ah! 'Sunshine interruption'."

"Then I'll mow the lawn and the backyard first." Boston replied, passing by the parked car.

"Finally! I've been waiting to see the garden clean!" Fluke answered excitedly as he followed the old caretaker to the shed. "By the way, Boston!-"

"You cannot meddle with them, Sir." The caretaker, Boston, said as he stopped in front of the shed's door to stare at the translucent figure hovering in the air that looks like a fog from a distance. "You know the reason why I didn't put a lock was not because people can just break the lock, but because you requested you want others to visit you. That you get lonely and want someone to talk to. I am familiar with your presence because I've felt and seen you for 14 years now, but not them. And don't you think it wouldn't reach my ears when this house became a haunted house for the youth?"

Fluke unconsciously pout as he listened to Boston's gentle scolding and advise. "Not my fault, Earth said. But don't worry, they didn't see me last night and didn't feel my presence at all! I can actually talk with no brake unlike when I talk to you nonstop, you always give me the 'I am talking nonsense' look! "

Boston stared at him, "Should I start sleeping here, Sir?"

"It's alright, Bosston. I was just kidding. I actually like how you just ignore me and let me talk. It's been 14 years, pal!"

"Sir, I think my decision of requesting a television for you has contaminated your vocabulary. I didn't notice it but compare to the first few years of meeting you and being forced to be your listening ear, you have fully catch up to the present youth's generation."