Ch 5

Alina's POV:

I woke up with a pounding headache after a dreamless sleep, or at least with dreams I couldn't remember. When I opened my eyes I was met with a bright white light. The hand at my side flew up to cover them.

When my eyes adjusted I saw a mess of red hair on my other arm and a man directly across from me giving me a death stare. The man was a good sign, though he looked pretty pissed, normally the dreams given to me had very few people in them and they were generally people I had met. "Umm, hi." I said awkwardly. The man didn't say anything, just continued to stare into my eyes. "I'm Alina."

"Clint." He muttered, finally breaking his stare. He held out his hand, but I didn't grab it because I didn't want to wake Nat up. Instead I point at Nat's sleeping form to show I didn't want to move too much. He nodded, smiling for a reason I couldn't find out. "Keep her safe for me okay?"

"Don't worry sir, I don't plan to ever stop doing just that." He smiled, accepting my answer. 

"Good." An awkward silence filled the room. He coughed lightly, getting my attention again. "Well I'll leave you both too it, it was nice meeting you." 

I nodded, "Yeah, you too." Just after he left I felt Nat move a bit. Soon she was half awake and yawning as she stretched her tight limbs. "Good morning Nattie." 

Her voice was raspy from sleep when she replied, "Hey  детка." She gave a sleepy smile while her eyes fluttered open. "I missed you." she mumbled, leaning back down to cuddle. 

Personally I loved when she was tired, it was the cutest thing ever and she always wanted cuddles, lots of them. I didn't mind them either, they made me feel loved which was something I didn't feel too often. "I missed you too." We stayed there for a while, getting used to being back together. Today, unlike yesterday, it actually felt quite real. The dreams I had were never this detailed, to be honest Hydra doesn't have a clue about relationships or love in general. 

"Ugh, I forgot, my boss wants to speak to you." She muttered under her breath after a few minutes. 

I raised an eyebrow. "How could you forget that?" The smirk that appeared on her face told me everything. "So, you didn't forget. You just wanted more time with me, how cute." I teased as her face grew red. 

She groaned, lifting her face from my shoulder and getting off the bed to help me up. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." A smile broke across her face. Her hand was soon held out towards me to help me up. "Come on, you probably should go talk to him. He isn't too pleasant when disappointed." With a nod I grabbed her hand and let her help me to my feet. We continued to her boss's office hand in hand. 

-------

"It's come to my attention that you've worked for Hydra and the Red Room your entire life. Is that correct?" Nick Fury asked me. The tensions in the room were quite high, Natasha had left the room due to his request early on and the man didn't seem very fond of me. 

I nodded slightly, looking down at my fidgeting hands. "Yes sir, however-" 

"You've murdered hundreds of families?" He interrupted, not bothering to listen to my excuses. 

"Yes, but-" 

He interrupted me again, continuing to spit out the horrendous things I had done in recent years. "Not only that, but in front of the children who called them family. As well as killing many others while working for the red room. And we can't forget, kidnapping hundreds of kids to be used as either Hydra experiments or new Red Room recruits." 

I looked down in shame, "Yes sir." There was silence in the room. But not the good kind that brought happy thoughts, the tense kind where all you could think about was every small and huge mistake you have ever made in your life. I looked up to see him staring at me with all the anger in the world showing in his brown eyes. Yet there was another emotion that I couldn't quite put my tongue on. Maybe it was excitement, or joy, or hope, or even gratitude. Whatever it was, it wasn't a bad one. 

"Do you know what it's like to have been born in a cage?" I paused taking a deep breath. "You know nothing but the few things you can see through the thick metal bars. All you truly know is the life inside them. Your entire life, you spend trying to get free from that cage, yet very few get out. In the history of the Red Room and Hydra, a total of 6 subjects and experiments have ever escaped. Six. Not very many if you think about how many people have worked for either of the organizations. So, being born in their cage, it means you have to accept the life given to you. You can't leave, you can't rebel, you can't speak out. All you can do it live the life given for you. It's not like I wanted to kill all those parents or children. I've only opened my eyes 7 times, while shooting off a gun." 

Another shaky breath was taken. "So sir, if you're going to kill me, or lock me up, get it over with. Decide my fate. It was really not mine to chose anyway." 

----------

A/N: Idk how I feel about this, but the ending was okay so... 

I'm gonna try to post 3 times a week minimum. I actually have a schedule going now so we'll see how long it lasts. 

Have a good day, take care of yourself. 

- AM