Ch 8

Alina's POV: 

Impatiently I tapped my foot on the metal floor below me, waiting for Natasha to arrive with Bruce. She was supposed to be here half an hour ago. "Relax Belkov, she'll be here any minute." Fury put an arm over my shoulder, making me even more tense than I already was.  "And you don't want her to come back to you crying do you?" I managed to chuckled, a small breath of air that I'd been holding crossing my lips. 

"She's never late." I checked my watch again, 12:36, she was now 36 minutes later than she told Coulson. In all the years I'd known Nat she was never late, well except for a few occasions, but otherwise she stuck to a strict schedule. She liked to have order and control over her life, much like I, however I never went to such extreme of lengths as she did. She went so far as to set a pace for eating different foods so dinner always lasted 20 minutes. 

Fury went to comment, but was interrupted by my little squeal of joy when I saw a plane appear from above. I'll admit, I'm quite childish when it comes to Natasha. I was "her little 9 year old that she had to babysit all the time."

I engulfed her in a hug as soon as she stepped out, squeezing her so tightly she had to push me away to breath. "Don't kill me this time." She smirked, giving me another chance to hug her when she caught her breath a bit. 

I snuggled my face into her, jumping up and wrapping my legs around her waist like I was a 5 year old. "I missed you." I muttered, breathing in her warm welcoming vanilla scent as she put her hands under my thighs to support me.

She laughed, turning back to Bruce. "Don't mind Alina. She's always like this." I broke from the hug, moving her hands off my thighs. A pout spread across my face. 

"I am not!" Which was a total lie. I was always a big fluffy teddy bare around Nat. Happiness seemed to be the only emotion I expressed to people anyway. Everyone knew me as a bubbly, energetic, childish person. Only Natasha got to see anything else. "..okay, maybe I am." I muttered when she raised an eyebrow.

Bruce chuckled, holding out his hand for me to shake. "Bruce." 

I accepted, lightly shaking his hand. "Alina, but she already told you that." I punched Nat lightly, "Wait to go." An awkward silence fell into place, because no one continued the conversation and I was too busy examining Bruce. He was a well put together man and seemed respectable, but I knew he was dangerous, Nat knew it too. Which is why we were both nervous around him. 

"Ahem, well I've got to go. I told Fury I'd come find him after I said hi to the both of you." I excused myself, turning to Nat and planting a kiss on her cheek. 

---

"Done being a child?" Nick teased me when I planted myself down in a seat, ready to help start the search for Clint and Loki. 

"Yes Nick." I nodded, ignoring his comment because I knew he was just joking. My fingers were already working the keyboard. 

Fury bent down next to me, giving me a disapproving look that would make anyone shake in their boots. But not me. "How many times have I told you not to call me that?" 

I smirked, knowing I could get under his skin, "I think it's 1,326 times now, Nick." 

"I could fire you, ya know." He threatened, but I knew very well he wouldn't. I was one of his best agents and if I was gone, Nat was gone too.

"Yep, go ahead." Nick sighed. He didn't want to lose two of the best agents in SHIELD over a name. It was the only reason I wasn't gone yet. 

----------

A/n: I stopped in a weird spot ik, but I haven't gotten to write this week because my mom took away my computer. I felt I should post something even if it is not complete, so here it is. 

Don't forget to eat and drink water, good night :)