Ch 10

We came in behind Loki, pointing the guns attatched to the quinjet all on Loki. "Loki, drop the weapon or stand down." Nat spoke over the speaker. One minute everything seemed fine and the next everything went crazy. Loki shot a blue jet of light at us from his scepter which I narrowly got us out of the way from while Cap threw his shield and began to attack the God. 

"Kneel!" Loki demanded, pointing his scepter at Steve's chest as he knocked his shield away. 

Steve grunted, "Not today." Cap jumps up and does a spin-kick to Loki's face. 

Nat watched in frustation, trying to get a clear shot which neither of us could find. "Guy's all over the place." I nodded, though she couldn't see it which was a dumb move on my part. 

"Agent Romanoff, you miss me?" I heard that dreadful voice in my ear as AC/DC began playing and Tony Stark in his Iron Man suit came onto the scene. I've hated that man ever since Nat had to go on that mission for him. 1: I wasn't allowed to go or see Nat for FOREVER. 2: He checked out my Natasha the first day he met her. Natasha is mine and will always be mine. 

I ignored the fighting taking place and turned to Nat, seeing a smile appear on her face. I hit Nat gently. "Hey, what was that for?" She asked, her attention now on me. 

I moved my head towards the man flying down to Loki in his red suit, "That." 

She laughed, diverting half of her attention to set the jet down carefully, "Seriously, Lina, you know I'd never leave you for that self centered pr-" Just then Tony interuppted, boarding with Loki and Steve. 

"I'm sorry, were you in the middle of calling me a self centered prick?" He addressed Nat. God I hate his voice. "I'm pretty sure I just saved all of your asses." I crossed my arms, knowing fully well I could not come up with a good comeback to that, he did help significantly. "That's what I thought."

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the urge to attack him with my fists. "Relax." Nat said, placing a hand on my shoulder to ground me, "I'm yours." She placed a kiss on my jaw, making me feel a bit better, before leaving and returning to the pilot's seat. 

Stark grinned, "Don't worry, I won't steal your girlfriend, no matter how tempting." 

"I thought you and Pepper were dating." It didn't seem like a great thing to go around staring at other girl's leggings while in an active relationship. 

He nodded, "We are." I hate rich people.  

"Alina! If you aren't busy with Stark will you come back to the co-pilot seat? I'd like to get going." I told her I was coming and walked past Stark, ramming into his shoulder, not so lightly, as I passed. "Don't bother with him. He takes pleasure in making people angry." 

I nodded, muttering my dislikes for the man as we got things started up. 

~

"He saying anything?" Fury asked over quinjet radio. So far Loki had been cooperating well. He hadn't moved or spoken thoughout the first 50 minutes of the flight. 

I found it a bit suspicious, so did Nat. "Not a word." She informed him. 

"Just get him over here, we're low on time." Fury ordered, ending the call. 

Steve and Tony began chatting in the back as clouds rolled in. Out of the blue rain poured down and lightning flashed across the sky, followed by a loud roar of thunder. "Where's this coming from?" Nat muttered, now on higher alert. We've been in plenty of incidents together where we crashed due to weather. 

I was now alert too, ready to help if things went wrong, "You're guess is as good as mine." 

"What's the matter?" I heard Steve ask someone, "Scared of a little lightning?" Loki must have moved or something because Tony does not seem like the type of person to be afraid of a small storm. 

Loki's voice filled the jet, "I'm not overly found of what follows." 

It turns out neither am I. Something colided with the roof of the jet, causing me to jump. Loud noises such as thunder or crashes still spooked me, even though I was a trained assassin. There's another flash of lightning as Nat sped up. Steve ran for something while Tony grabbed his helmet and opened the hatch. I stood up too, leaving the driving to Nat, preparing to jump in too if needed. 

"What are you doing?" Cap asked just before a large man in a red cape jumped into the jet. He hits Tony away, causing him to fall on top of Cap. The man grabbed Loki by the neck and as quickly as he had come, he was gone. 

Tony groaned, "Now there's that guy." 

"Another Asguardian?" Nat asked from the front, looking back. I nodded to her. 

"That guy is a friendly." Cap spoke. Was he crazy? We still needed Loki. This man could kill or free Loki and we definitely didn't want that. 

It seems Nat was thinking the same thing because she took the words right out of my mouth, "Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki, or kills him, the Tesseract's lost." 

As Nat explained this Stark walked to the edge of the ramp. "Stark we need a plan of attack." 

"I have a plan. Attack!" Stark jumped out of the jet. Idiot. I'm starting to like this guy less and less. 

Steve is perhaps even more of an idiot. He went for a parachute to follow Tony. "I'd sit this one out Cap." Nat warned. 

"I don't see how I can." Steve replied. 

"Steve, these guys come from legend, they're practically Gods." I pleaded, he seemed like a nice enough guy from what I've seen. I wouldn't want him to get killed by these two men, which is certainly a possibility. It was different if Stark got himself killed. 

Steve finished strapping on the parachute, "There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." He strapped on his helmet and jumped out. I swear I'm surrounded by fools. Other than Nat of course. 

I groaned, joining Nat in the cockpit again, "Boys are idiots." 

"Agreed." 

__________________

A/n: The ending is a bit rushed, but oh well. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. 

Finals went great. All A+'s. 

Don't forget to drink plenty of water, eat some food, get some sleep, and take care of yourself. 

Have a good night/day.